Forums

Help › Forums

Power % marks on power bar

rated by 0 users
Tue, Dec 2 2008 7:30 AM (5 replies)
  • tromba99
    1 Posts
    Mon, Nov 17 2008 11:39 AM

It would make it easier to be precise if we knew exactly where on the bar the program is assuming 50% power...75% power etc... 

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Nov 17 2008 1:27 PM

Thanks for the suggestion.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Nov 17 2008 1:34 PM

Personally, I hope to never see percentage marks.  Just like in real golf, you don't have a bar to tell you exactly how far you are supposed to take it back nor how hard to swing through.

It creates enough variations in the shots and that helps keep the game realistic.

• beamer750
    38 Posts
    Tue, Nov 18 2008 5:42 AM

I agree..we need for this game to be as real as possible

• nickpa1
    2 Posts
    Tue, Dec 2 2008 7:14 AM

i think power marks on the bar would make it more realistic, not less.  i know when i play real golf where a full swing is and when i want my back swing to be belt high, etc.

at minimum there should be a 50% mark.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Dec 2 2008 7:30 AM

I'd have to disagree with ya there Nick only because in real life there are always going to be variations in your clubhead speed.  Let's say for the sake of argument that I hit a SW 100 yards.  Even if I take the club back to the belt position (50%) doesn't guarantee I'm going to swing through with the exact same clubhead speed every single time.  This, of course, results in the variations we see in clubs in real life.  On a real course, 160 yards is a relaxed 7-iron for me.  Every so often I still manage to accidently blow it over 170 by swinging slightly too hard or too fast.

You have to think about it in terms of precision.  If you have a bar telling you where 50% is your precision is going to be statistically higher than it should be.  In other words, hitting 50 shots would result in 50 balls landing within inches of one another.  However, when you remove the 50% bar now you blow a few shots long as well as leaving a few short.  That's much more realistic I think.

RSS