Forums

Help › Forums

Information on the 2 new tiers that WGT created

Fri, Oct 2 2015 3:44 PM (104 replies)
  • AceHoler26
    325 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 10:07 AM

Well that last post proves my point.  Too many thin skinned people that can't take a joke anymore.  Really sad and pathetic.

• mgbirish
    4,019 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 10:07 AM

Woodoworkery:

OK found the answer,after searching so many post on the same subject. There will be no changes to green speeds, or distance it is all just a title, nothing more.

Which brings the question why even create a new tier, what a waist of programming time.

Something is going on, my average was 56.84, it just jumped to 58.03 after one round!

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 10:08 AM

YankeeJim:

I will ask Icon to expound on this, though.........

"New Top Tiers – There are two new WGT tiers: Champion and Tour Champion, for top players based on play and posted scores. Players that qualify will automatically be moved up to the Champion tier to compete."

Seems there's a contradiction.

What is the silence for this time?

It's not good enough releasing something like this with that...not good enough by a long chalk.

EDIT:

And as for the based on play bit they can communicate when the cam angle is going to get fixed at least....Couple of my guys have already said one hole a day until it is done, and I think I will be following suit.   Can't see the fun until it is.

• skccvb
    799 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 10:13 AM

WGTicon:

We are not making that information public. However, the top tier will be invite only, so it's not possible to get placed there.

-WGTicon

Seriously? If you want to have an "invite only" Tour Champion top tier- and not make the invitation criteria public- that is one thing. Pretty dumb thing I might add but hey it's your game, your rules.

As for creating a new tier for current top players to strive towards, great. As for not allowing us the privilege of knowing what our goal or targets are- that's utter nonsense- Icon, you got sum 'splainin to do!!!!

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 10:15 AM

Here is a little bit more information.  To move into the Champions Tier you will need to play a decent amount of ranked games to qualify. So we will slowly see players enter the new tier.  The goal is to more accurately group the players at the top end by their skill.  As for the Tour Champions tier it will be invite only, and also be based on your Average score with the additional variable of how you performed in past tournaments.  

We have not purposely changed the AVG score calculation, so there may be a bug if you see your AVG score drastically move.  We are investigating this now.

• stevereilly
    5,910 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 10:17 AM

In defense of WGT.   May I point out that they have never officially given the criteria for advancement at any level.

All of the information gained about tier advancement has come from the community.

I guess Tour Champions will earn that status from winning a quarterly virtual tour.

edit.    WGTadmin2 beat me to it.

• marcostincup
    688 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 10:22 AM

Please explain why I worked so hard and so many ball hits to lower my average and no explanation on why  ?

• marcostincup
    688 Posts

Please explain why I worked so hard and so many ball hits to lower my average and no explanation on why  ?  Need to inform us on your plans for extra tiers and new average.

• Lizard69
    2,006 Posts

WGTadmin2:

Here is a little bit more information.  To move into the Champions Tier you will need to play a decent amount of ranked games to qualify. 

Hopefully from the BACK tee's too or else it will become as meaningless as the current TL tier has become..

Peace,

Liz

• coolness1
    1,219 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 10:23 AM

WGTadmin2:

We have not purposely changed the AVG score calculation, so their may be a bug if you see your AVG score drastically move.  We are investigating this now.

I just got online and played a round.  I shot a 27.  My average jumped from 55.51 to 57.70!!!  If it's a recalculation of sorts that affects everybody, that's fine.  But if it's a bug, how are you going to fix this for me and many others?

RSS