Forums

Help › Forums

Information on the 2 new tiers that WGT created

Fri, Oct 2 2015 3:44 PM (104 replies)
  • Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 8:55 AM

WGTicon:

We are not making that information public. However, the top tier will be invite only, so it's not possible to get placed there.

-WGTicon

So your not going to let us know what we have to do to get to the new tier? I am so confused

So its just a title, no harder green speeds, no longer distance, no nothing just a title?

Is this a correct statement?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 8:56 AM

"Invite only" kinda makes knowing anything pointless.

I will ask Icon to expound on this, though.........

"New Top Tiers – There are two new WGT tiers: Champion and Tour Champion, for top players based on play and posted scores. Players that qualify will automatically be moved up to the Champion tier to compete."

Seems there's a contradiction.

• Berryblue
    53 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 9:02 AM

WGTicon:

We are not making that information public. However, the top tier will be invite only, so it's not possible to get placed there.

-WGTicon

I'm wondering what logic would cause you to keep it secret. It would seem to me that if you want increased play, you would at the very least, post what qualifications are required and what green speeds or conditions one would find at the "next" level. I don't get it.

Cheers,

Berryblue

• WStdenis
    106 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 9:20 AM

seems to me invite only means more cash you put in it or who nose you rub to get there

• AceHoler26
    325 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 9:30 AM

Removed due to whiny, over sensitive people that don't know how to take a joke

• chibulski
    395 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 9:31 AM

i mean the green speeds are: super fast and ultra fast.... pure speculation.

• AceHoler26
    325 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 9:50 AM

xxxxxxxxx

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 9:53 AM

OK found the answer,after searching so many post on the same subject. There will be no changes to green speeds, or distance it is all just a title, nothing more.

Which brings the question why even create a new tier, what a waist of programming time.

• chibulski
    395 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 9:55 AM

.... the Average goes UP???

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 10:01 AM

AceHoler26:

Since we have just read that the top tier (Tour Champion) will be invite only, I am wondering if there will be an "affirmative action" policy for those that use black avatars in the interest of diversity....

Don't know about that but may I suggest that you use this one...

RSS