Forums

Help › Forums

getting ripped off

Fri, Sep 23 2022 5:28 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • quintyr50
    20 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2015 11:19 AM

WGt, I feel like i am getting ripped off with my meter speed, it seems that i have different meter speeds with different types of games, in practice games it seems fine, playing a match, it changes, I buy my equipment based on meter speed, and when it continually changes i feel as though i am getting ripped of, if you can give me a reasonable explanation for this, I am happy to hear, otherwise you are ripping me off, and i am getting tired of it. 

I have spent enough money on different meter speeds, to continually have different speeds... I am a costumer, and i would like to have what i pay for...       

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2015 2:19 PM

play 3 holes with starter balls and anything after that seems snail pace..

It's all in the mind / perception.

It changes in MP or when it's an important round because you are thinking more about dinging !

Learn not to care and the brain -->  finger become one...

Andy

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2015 2:30 PM

You will as we all do get stutters on your meter at times but the speed should not alter. Before WGT say clear your cache i will say it, plus some browsers are better than others whist playing. So what do you use and do you use that all the time?

Not being cheeky but do you use the same nike ball during practice rounds as you do in matches?

Spotting the speed of meter is easy  when using different equipment but not with the same. 

If none of the above then cant help you

Bubbs

EDIT...As Andy states above "or you may miss all that heavenly gworwee"

• quintyr50
    20 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 11:04 AM

CC passes robed,

come on wgt stop the bs... 

• Vangaurd2
    46 Posts
    Thu, Aug 25 2016 6:55 PM

I believe It is all in the head. Correct me if i am wrong, but meter does speed up when you attempt to shoot beyond the equipments ability. I have used the same clubs and ball in every type of game with only the occasional stutter. My bad rounds are always related to late finger and always by the same amount of lateness more or less. We all have good days and bad....no conspiracy in my opinion but I sympathize with your frustration but consistent play on same equipment is the truth teller. 

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2016 8:39 AM

Vangaurd2:

I believe It is all in the head. Correct me if i am wrong, but meter does speed up when you attempt to shoot beyond the equipments ability. I have used the same clubs and ball in every type of game with only the occasional stutter. My bad rounds are always related to late finger and always by the same amount of lateness more or less. We all have good days and bad....no conspiracy in my opinion but I sympathize with your frustration but consistent play on same equipment is the truth teller. 

I find the meter speeds up the closer it gets to the ding. Not sure what is meant by "beyond the equipment ability" ?

ct

• Boquerone
    2,574 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2016 4:07 AM

I use Maxthon browser and can sympathise with this member re his meter speeds.

While it does,nt happen in every game  play I find that when the wind is from the right and above 5-10mph as I pass the ding very slightly the meter just takes off and my shot lands yards from where I intended it to land.

I have been using Maxthon very slow meter balls this last few weeks and I really like the slow meter but this meter surge hapens with them too.

It,s got to the stage I dread a wind coming from the right.

Boquerone

• Vangaurd2
    46 Posts
    Thu, Sep 1 2016 6:51 AM

ct690911:

I find the meter speeds up the closer it gets to the ding. Not sure what is meant by "beyond the equipment ability" ?

ct

Beyond the Arc of shot or the meter. I am completely missing on the terminology but outside the lines of meter and from blue arc to red arc of shot.  

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Sep 1 2016 1:33 PM

If you mean the arc turning red when you put the aimer further than the clubs rated distance - it has no effect on the meter.

The meter is designed to accelerate as it get closer to the 'ding' line.

• Vangaurd2
    46 Posts
    Thu, Sep 1 2016 1:41 PM

PaulTon:

If you mean the arc turning red when you put the aimer further than the clubs rated distance - it has no effect on the meter.

The meter is designed to accelerate as it get closer to the 'ding' line.

I see....that certainly makes more sense and I appreciate the info and correction.

• PAGES
RSS