Forums

Help › Forums

Something has to be done in group play

rated by 0 users
Fri, Dec 19 2008 4:22 PM (25 replies)
  • SCCC-Champ
    4 Posts
    Mon, Nov 17 2008 7:24 PM

Agreed.  This has become quite a problem for the past few days.  Does anyone know whether creating a new group works?  Whenever I've run into the MiHi problem, I've tried to create a new group, however no one ever joins.  Either it's bad luck, bad timing, bad b.o., or another complication of the MiHi problem.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Tue, Nov 18 2008 8:43 PM

We deployed a change where if the host does not take an action soon after a player leaves his game (like clicking Cancel), the hosted game will be cancelled and the host will be returned to the main menu.

• brotherjukebox
    27 Posts
    Tue, Nov 18 2008 9:05 PM

Now your talking Alex! Great job and that will end our frustration. Seems to be working well. Thanks for listening, and helping us.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Wed, Nov 19 2008 8:46 PM

Thanks for the change.

No dead hosted games when I played tonight.  

• IvanWackinov
    9 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2008 3:24 PM

This is apparently still an issue, people doing it today.  Can you please fix it so that when you click "Search Again" you cannot be stuck back into the same group you just wanted to leave?  Even if the answer is "There are no other groups to join"... at least then I know I need to make one!

-E

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2008 3:51 PM

Hi Ivan, are you seeing someone sitting in a lobby for more than 5 mins without teeing off? Let us know if you joined a game and the host did not tee off for more than five minutes and the game was not canceled, or if you clicked Search Again (after less than 5 minutes) and keep getting the same group because those are two different things. Thanks

• dacsyr1
    26 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2008 5:13 PM

It is happening again!

• dacsyr1
    26 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2008 5:14 PM

Sirroccoo has kept us from playing for 15 minutes.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2008 5:46 PM

He's actually been there for over 2 hours.

Alex, the groups are not being cancelled after 5 minutes again.  Also, the Search Again button doesn't seem to work again.  It works the first time you try it only, then it ceases working, regardless of what group you get dropped into.

Is it possible that the system can be exploited by inviting 3 other people, and then if one of them drops out before the 5 minute period, the timer gets reset?  I know many people are dropping in and out of that group sirroccoo has going currently, and also the group that mikemaas has as well.  Both of them have had 4 person groups pending for over an hour.

• MrFabuloso
    1 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2008 6:50 PM

can you please do something.....this is getting ridiculous!!!!!

sirocco mikemaas are holding up games!!!

RSS