Forums

Help › Forums

BPB #15 and #18 Strategery

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 7 2009 11:15 AM (26 replies)
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Aug 3 2009 2:47 PM

I've just recorded an approach shot on hole 15 with which I was absolutely satisfied. That's the way I always want to play the approach shot on that hole: to the left and back of pin – but rarely manage to do so. I didn't birdie this one, but it was a safe par compared to what usually happens on that green.

(PS: That link to the replay does not seem to work. If anyone can educate us how to include a direct link to a replay in a forum post, if it's possible to do so, I'll be grateful.)  [This is now resolved, see How to Post Direct Links to Replays.]

• tigerclaw24
    24 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2009 10:07 AM

Thanks everyone this is very helpful...I appreciate the advice from the upper tier players Thanks again!

• nh1977
    91 Posts
    Wed, Aug 26 2009 4:12 PM

I took Lee's advice ( 15 bethpage ) , and from a 157 yards , I hit a 3 iron ( enough to compensate for elevation )  with major top spin to the little left landing area. Ball rolled up and around with 5 feet of cup. Made the short little  dowh hill birdie putt . First time I tried it , shocked me ... it worked . First birdie ever on this hole .

• edchavez
    488 Posts
    Wed, Aug 26 2009 9:12 PM

But when you play the master tees. Its almost impossilbe to birdie the 15th hole. Its too far and up-hill. Sometimes, its hard to just par the dang hole.! the 18th hole, i've got no problem

• leewebb
    48 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2009 11:50 AM

I birdied the 15th. I think I had a shot of 187yds in, can't remember the wind and don't have a replay cos it was in multiplay (what's that about?). I aimed it left of the whole with my 3w, the ball pitched on the edge of the rough and bounced up onto the green where it bombed forward and then arced around and back to the hole. Left me a 1 footer for birdie :)

I haven't been able to replicate it yet though!

• Weirsy
    84 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2009 1:30 PM

Check out my replay " 15 Approach 179 with 3 iron full 200"

I usually go for it every time aiming for front left. If I get lucky, it's a makeable bird, if not a flop can get close after that for par.

• rustynipples
    199 Posts
    Mon, Sep 7 2009 11:15 AM

Awesome shot Weirsy, I still am lucky to get a par on that hole. Tried the tips provided but always come up short or long.

RSS