Help › Forums

Is it too hot for golf?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 28 2015 8:43 AM (29 replies)
  • wigii
    42 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2015 5:57 PM

reid72:

When the weather forecast has Canada hitting 100 degrees. . . parts of southern British Columbia could reach 40 degrees Celsius - 104 degrees Fahrenheit.  Yikes!!!

FYI The weather phenomenon known as El Nino which originates off the west coast of South America creates a situation where BC is going through it's hottest summer for probably 700 years, which also means it's pretty hard to golf when the province is ablaze, really bad in the Okanagan, where hundreds of people have been evacuated and homes have been destroyed by these massive forest fires. Pray for the cool, fall rains to come.                            

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2015 10:52 AM

Ah yes, El Nino   It is looked forward to here in SoCal...it may save us. This heat has been weird 100+, day after day, thankfully humidity has only up around 75 or so. I've been playing at around 5:50 am and it is wonderful. The biggest issue for me is keeping 6,500 sq ft chilly...the price is dear  ;-}

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2015 12:10 PM
    6,500sq ft doesn't mean anything to me SP, so I Googled a property of that size to give me an idea.......

.....nice!
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2015 12:57 PM

ScottHope:

6,500sq ft doesn't mean anything to me SP, so I Googled a property of that size to give me an idea.......

.....nice!

That's a nice place ;-} In UK ?  In a pm with Andyson, we were talkin' about flippin' homes a while back and I challenged him to find mine with Google Maps with some vague hints and the "Professor" found it, did elevations and land size and somehow even figured out how to show a view from my front door outward....truly amazing skills has he. I wanted to share it but he declined warning me about the many goof-balls that could do harm. If I knew how I would do it, sans the address and general location, but if my saved replays are still impossible for me to grasp how could I do this ?  ;-}}

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2015 1:05 PM

UK?  Yes.  He is a man of many talents SP, and he's right about the goof balls, best not to put too much personal information out there, you never know who might be watchin'....

...and the replays? If the techy stuff isn't you, don't worry about it, everybody is good at something, so my ma tells me, and your little contributions here are always an entertaining read.  : )

• rollone
    769 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2015 2:18 PM

its only too hot if you have west nile virus...sigh

*had* sorry

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2015 6:17 PM

I tend to think so .As all my clubs are melted together in the bag.

navi USMC

• thestevster
    546 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2015 8:43 AM

RSS