Forums

Help › Forums

Is it too hot for golf?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 28 2015 8:43 AM (29 replies)
  • srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2015 2:43 PM

Triple digits no problem here in California either. We routinely play every summer in the middle of the day in the Palm Springs area. Some nice courses drop prices to $15-30 including cart and ice chest. We freeze water and Gatorade before going out there and drink it as it defrosts. It's like having our own private golf courses since the locals play earlier to beat the heat while we're driving out there. 

It's a great experience as long as you properly prepare for it.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2015 5:40 PM

Too HOT to move for anything but sex here....

AC costing me a fortune !!!     ;-P

• SlicedPepper
    796 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2015 7:35 PM

To damn hot here. Live only an hour from the Gulf Coast. Low 90's means low 100's with the heat index from humidity. Don't even have to move, just stand there and sweat.

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2015 4:09 AM

Not here, crackling fire crackling, nanny rug on the knees,

omg it's 9 degrees!

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Jul 20 2015 7:00 PM

I'm from Scotland, I really can't get my head round the question in this thread title.

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Tue, Jul 21 2015 10:35 AM

SlicedPepper:

To damn hot here. Live only an hour from the Gulf Coast. Low 90's means low 100's with the heat index from humidity. Don't even have to move, just stand there and sweat.

Lat weekend here was brutal..  But in Arizona & the southwest very little himidity.  Some people just don't know.  No fault of their own.  Even breathing is hard.  Only way to stay "fresh" is to wear soap on a rope.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Tue, Jul 21 2015 12:10 PM

First time visitors to Thailand have been known to have their phones melt if they put it in their golf bag when playing.

The caddies can be extremely hot too.

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Tue, Jul 21 2015 2:00 PM

mathia14:

SlicedPepper:

Lat weekend here was brutal..  But in Arizona & the southwest very little himidity.  Some people just don't know.  No fault of their own.  Even breathing is hard.  Only way to stay "fresh" is to wear soap on a rope.

Not touching that one.

navi USMC

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2015 9:23 PM

A couple of us are heading out to Palm Desert to play again this weekend. Forecast is for 107*F. Personally I'll be taking 1 1/2 to 2 gallons of water and frozen Gatorade along with a clean towel for dipping in the ice chest to cool down with. If either one of us starts to feel it we'll just quit and head for the clubhouse.

The 19th hole this week is going to be in a frozen yogurt shop near the course. :)

• Sikkum
    88 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2015 11:07 PM

reid72:
    British Columbia could reach 40 degrees Celsius - 104 degrees Fahrenheit.

Damn....I might need to take a sweater off in that case    LOL

RSS