Forums

Help › Forums

"Strad !"

Fri, Jun 5 2020 4:14 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2015 10:26 AM

Yep, a new one I'm hearing from some of the younger crowd. "Strad". Like others from different era's like; cool, neat-o, rad, boss, the bomb, groovy, bad, doozy, stud, tight, dope, and a host of others. This one, "Strad", is closest to "doozy", referring to the Dusenberg automobile, which everyone knows was indeed a "doozy". "Strad", referring to the violin, is likewise "the bomb"....because not one of the aforementioned "younger crowd" knew what a stradivarius was ;-}   

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2015 1:55 PM

Here's one from my generation Lily ... "That's joofy" ... joofy can mean good or bad depending on the context you use it in ... 

A little history. It was an accidentally coined term. A friend of mine was stoned and was trying to say goofy, and because of "impairment", it came out joofy .... it became a fun word to use ...

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2015 2:42 PM

donsprintr:

Here's one from my generation Lily ... "That's joofy" ... joofy can mean good or bad depending on the context you use it in ... 

I like it Don...at times the meanings are slow to relation, ie: hinkey and jonesin' ;-}

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2015 3:38 PM

Groovy thread Lily!

Joofy is far-out man!

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2015 3:47 PM

like neato-keen

• opyeuclid
    6,704 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2015 3:51 PM

Im so old ,, the word in my day was ,  " I make Fire "  .   That way we could see to do cave paintings in the dark .

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2015 4:27 PM

opyeuclid:

Im so old ,, the word in my day was ,  " I make Fire "  .   That way we could see to do cave paintings in the dark .

Opey....weren't you around when the Dead Sea was still sick?

• 1enigma1
    486 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2015 4:38 PM

how bout stad? to be "husky" or a bit overweight,   i.e Craig Stadler :-))   ..                                

• opyeuclid
    6,704 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2015 4:42 PM

Ducati916:

I remember Scrolling along the shore ,,  good times 

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2015 5:02 PM

opyeuclid:

Ducati916:

I remember Scrolling along the shore ,,  good times 

I guess that could be called , never mind me, just scrolling through ...

:-)

• PAGES
RSS