Help › Forums

Single Elimination Bracket Challenge

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 4 2009 9:22 PM (100 replies)
  • jdoggbowler
    26 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2009 1:10 PM

TOURNAMENT IS FULL.....IN PROGRESS.

The start date for the tournament is as soon as you get notified who your opponent is.

This tournament will be a multi-player stroke play game.  You will play whatever course is playing for that weeks multi-play and it is a 9 hole game.  Best score wins.  It will consist of a 2 sided bracket layout with 16 players on each side.  It will consist of a total of 5 rounds of play with the winners from each side playing eachother for the finals.  You will have 1 week minimum for each round to get online and set up a match with your opponent.  In the event of a tie it is only fair to move both players on to the next round and then you will have to play a three way match to see who goes to the next round.  If you are online frequently and your opponent is never on to play you can post a message here to me that you are trying to set up a match with your opponent and getting no response.  This will have to result in a bye for whoever is trying to play and the one who is not on to play will be DQ'd from the bracket.  In the event of a player getting disconnected it will have to be agreed upon by both players that a new match will be started as soon as possible, otherwise the player who disconnected will be DQ'd from the tournament.  We will all have to be honest about disconnects, which means if you are getting your butt kicked you cant just disconnect and have a redo.  Maybe we can all agree on a rule that if a person gets disconnected and they are behind by more than 5 shots it will be an automatic win for the player in the lead.  Any more input on this would be appreciated.  I will try to go to everyones profiles to let them know who they are supposed to play at the beginning of each round and give them a reminder that if they dont play they will be disqualified from the tournament.

Click here to see the bracket.

CAN ANYONE SEE THE BRACKET?

There will be a prize for this tournament that will have to be mailed to the winner.  I cannot tell you what the prize is yet, but I can tell you that it will be a box of golf goodies.  Unfortunately the prize will only be available to U.S. contestants due to shipping costs, sorry, I hope everyone understands based on I have to pay for the prize and shipping of the prize.  Good luck all...

Here is the current bracket standings:

UNDER CONSTRUCTION....

• whitten1823
    84 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2009 3:30 PM

Sounds like a plan!!! So is there a prize or is it just to keep WGT interesting??

• jdoggbowler
    26 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2009 3:40 PM

As of now there is no prizes, but if it has a good turn out I might think about having some sort of prize for the winner.  It just all depends because that will have to come out of my own pocket so there would have to be a big interest in this tournament for that.  We'll see though, its not out of the question.

• jdoggbowler
    26 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2009 5:00 PM

If you would like to sign up for this tournament you can post it here and I will get you on the list.  There will be updated lists each day to show who is signed up.  I will be working on setting up the rules for this tournament and will post them as soon as I can.  Thanks.

• SteveOhh
    33 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2009 5:14 PM

I would be interested...would there be seperated teirs?

• jdoggbowler
    26 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2009 5:19 PM

My plan was to just put everyone in a hat and draw names to figure the pairing, otherwise if you go by hack, amatuer, pro, master, ect. you will end up with the final rounds being all masters against all hacks probably.  Maybe I am wrong, any input would be great.  Like I said before I will be working up some rules for this tournament and we can go from there.  Thanks.

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2009 6:25 PM

So will this tournament use the multiplayer format? If so im interested and will do all i can to help.

• Nwoods
    4 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2009 9:47 PM

Very interested ,sign me up sounds like a lot of fun, unless of course I lose in the first round.

• wizbang360
    411 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2009 1:24 AM

Heck  yea  sign me up!   Would love to see amaster in action,  not sure how they do what they do. lol

• scott13570
    76 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2009 3:48 AM

is this tourney open to all countries. if so count me in

RSS