Help › Forums

Backspin BS vs Topspin TS

rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 8 2009 3:06 PM (21 replies)
  • Tresclub
    934 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2009 2:32 PM

"Please explain how to achieve backspin."

In the bottom rt-hand corner is a white golf ball.  In the center of that ball is a green dot.  Click on the dot and move it UP for topspin, pull it DOWN for backspin.  I put backspin on a lot of shots, and have never seen one roll back.  I have seen them stop dead, but never roll back.

Warren

• DeerRun
    230 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2009 6:05 PM

Thank you so much, that was a big help. I am working on it in practice round.

• mwb5010
    33 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2009 6:27 PM

The golfball in the lower right hand side of the screen has a dot on it.  Move it down for backspin and up on the ball for top spin.

• DeerRun
    230 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2009 7:39 PM

I'm getting the hang of it now. Thanks.

• bionicbrats
    4 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2009 11:11 AM

I haven't invested in any new clubs, but I got the feeling from reading the information about the clubs that there are irons out there in the pro shop that will put a better backspin on the ball and possibly achieve the roll back effect.  Anyone tried those irons yet?

• drivnchaos
    286 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2009 4:52 PM

None of the wedges available give a rollback. I've purchased all the best ones. The most you can get right now is a little better stopping power. New clubs and balls are looming, so lets all hope for the best.

• TonyPeterjoyce
    1 Posts
    Mon, Aug 3 2009 4:27 AM

Topspin

• lazurges
    8 Posts
    Mon, Aug 3 2009 4:11 PM

Has anyone had much success with using backspin to stop the ball with the default clubs?  My shots just keep bouncing and rolling...although I think some of that might be my fault

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Aug 3 2009 4:45 PM

lazurges:

Has anyone had much success with using backspin to stop the ball with the default clubs?  My shots just keep bouncing and rolling...although I think some of that might be my fault

Please read two posts up...

Stopping ... or 'pulling the string' consistantly with the current choices of equipment is still not possible.

Have a nice day.

• drivnchaos
    286 Posts
    Mon, Aug 3 2009 5:07 PM

Updating my previous post

The Taylormade Satin TP Pro wedges, when hit near full power, have very nice stopping power. They give a very short bounce and stop. Really worth the 400 credits in my opinion. Still no "pulling the string" though

RSS