Forums

Help › Forums

Quit complaining about the courses, and relax.

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 5 2009 6:54 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Ted1
    6 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2009 2:51 PM

I love it when you guys complain about WTG. The game is free, the clubs are really cheap,, and the advertisments are not annoying. To make a flash game with this much quality is amazing ,nothing can compare to it. The new Tiger Woods graphics don't even compare to WGT. I have been playing since before the revamp and I am greatful for this game, it makes work a lot more fun (I'm on the phone all day, and I can work and play at the same time). Just relax, for how long WGT has been around they have created a great playing expierence. If your getting bored take a break and come back to it.

WGT's Biggest Fan, Ted1

• Futures
    79 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2009 4:59 PM

Well said.  I agree.  Actually, I have had  very few issues with the game's accuracy.  I mean, I have had a few putts where I thought "...Wait...what? No way should that have broke that much".   But overall, really, the game is pretty consistent.  If you don't like it, leave or go play TW or some other golf game.  Or start your own website and make a better online golf game.  Nothing personal, but no one here will miss you or the complaints.

For me, no computer golf game will EVER come close to the enjoyment I get from real golf.  But this is still pretty fun.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2009 10:43 PM

This is a game in Beta testing.  Suggestions, comments, and critiques are inherent in what we're supposed to be doing here, outside of playing the game.  If you notice, most of the serious critiquing of the game, what you are calling *complaining*, is done by the best players.  We play it alot, we know it, and we tell it like we see it.  We're not here as Beta testers to inflate egos, we're trying to make a better game. Some of us are experienced gamers, some programmers, so we have an idea of what works and what doesn't.  Yes, we're all happy WGT exists, but without feedback and growth, they end up just flying in the dark:  A sure-fire way to crash and burn.

As far as the consistency goes:  If you don't notice the huge deviations that take place out on the course, I'm not sure what game you are playing, because it's not the one that the rest of us are playing. 

Taking the "love it or leave it" attitude is not really going to accomplish much.  Try finding what *doesn't* work in the game for you and letting them know.  If no one mentions it, they won't know to take a look at  it.  What's the point of having a partially defective game?  Do you really think WGT wants that?

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2009 11:14 PM

tibbets:
    ... <snip>...  If you notice, most of the serious critiquing of the game, what you are calling *complaining*, is done by the best players....
    I can respectfully disagree, Tibbets... MOST of the complaining is done by people with less than 2 weeks joined and never more than 5 posts...

And it's always the swing meter, the quitters, club distance, the lack of a practice area, the lack of stroke play courses, the cost of clubs, etc etc ad nauseum.

There is the occasional constructive post, from an established player such as yourself, but in no way would I ever say 'most'.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2009 11:43 PM

Heh, notice I said "serious". ;)

• reidhanson
    49 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2009 7:14 AM

I agree with Tibbets.  Ted's post reminds me of some hyper-patriotic Americans who'll give you the "love it or leave it" line as soon as someone attempts to criticize their country.  But if you love something, you should want to see it be the best it can be, and to accomplish this it takes input, guidance, critique, etc.  If WGT was already perfect, it wouldn't be in beta.

• Andyman05
    4 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2009 10:54 AM

if they didnt have any suggestions or complaints from the players the game probably woukdnt be this good every online game has some wrong in it u just need to tell the peoplwe who run it so they can make it better than it already isso they can get more particpants

• Andyman05
    4 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2009 10:58 AM

by the way whats the new tiger woods thing

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2009 2:56 PM

tibbets:

Heh, notice I said "serious". ;)

Ah, I stand corrected.

Thank you.

• reidhanson
    49 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2009 3:44 PM

Doesn't it seem like this exact conversation goes on ad infinitum on this forum? 

• PAGES
RSS