Forums

Help › Forums

LIFE SPAN OF BALLS

Mon, Feb 1 2021 11:22 AM (23 replies)
  • cashwalker
    3 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2015 8:20 AM

Purchasing balls on here is killing me and taking the fun out of the game.  I'm spending approx. ten bucks a week on balls... and I'm not losing them in the bush either.  This is nothing but a tasteless cash grab by WGT.  In real life a ball can last you an entire summer if you don't lose them in the water.   I'm not the first to notice this either.  I'm pissed off with this and feel the balls should have a much longer life than 6 or 7 games per ball.

• WGTShamWow
    905 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2015 11:10 AM

cashwalker:

Purchasing balls on here is killing me and taking the fun out of the game.  I'm spending approx. ten bucks a week on balls... and I'm not losing them in the bush either.  This is nothing but a tasteless cash grab by WGT.  In real life a ball can last you an entire summer if you don't lose them in the water.   I'm not the first to notice this either.  I'm pissed off with this and feel the balls should have a much longer life than 6 or 7 games per ball.

Hi CashWalker,

Just as in real golf, if you hit a virtual golf ball into the water or out of bounds, you must replace it with a different ball. Also, when you play with a real golf ball it begins to lose compression and eventually becomes less playable. We have a similar concept in WGT where balls purchased from the Pro Shop have a durability factor and will wear out as you use them. You get roughly three rounds of golf with each ball before it wears out.

When a ball wears out you will receive the message that the ball has been "Taken Out of Play".

When a balls wears out, it is automatically replaced by another ball of the same type from your inventory. If you have none of the same type, they are replaced instead with a free WGT starter ball. Please check the FAQ to learn more about golf balls.

All the Best.
    WGTShamWow 

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2015 12:38 PM

Ball costs are a fact like gas mileage of cars, and they contribute to the company's income.

cashwalker:
    I'm pissed off with this

Do you demand lower gas prices, too?

I bet no - in both cases, your options are less usage or cost-lowering equipment (car or ball type).

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2015 1:15 PM
    Your strange selection of clubs may be the reason for your poor GIR, which leads to extra ball wear. Plus, the balls you currently have are of low durability and very expensive in my opinion (600crs).

You could peruse my tables for alternative equipment choices. CLICK.
  • bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2015 3:53 PM

Those dots for distance, in my opinion confuse the life out of me. Get used to what your clubs can do and forget about distance dots.

To me  durability....spin.....meter....distance in that order IMO

P.S I used to pay for expensive 700 cred balls but not now, Callaways for 250 or Srixons for 150 and thats your lot.......meter still jumps no matter what.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2015 5:12 PM

cashwalker:

I don't see that part of the game as a "tasteless cash grab". With no green fees and clubs that don't wear out, the ball prices are one area of ongoing income that keeps WGT in business (the company's entry fees in some tournaments and it's cut of any gambling wagers are others).

Despite the fraud that WGT condones in surveys and offers, they do at least allow you to invest time and effort in others to buy the fancier gear without opening your wallet. I'm at almost 8 years here and have never spent a penny out of pocket.

They offer for purchase both free and cheaper golf balls than the ones you're using. Unless you have some type of handicap that forces you to use the balls you're using, look for cheaper alternatives.

If you still want to use those expensive balls, WGT isn't the one killing you and taking the fun out of the game. You are doing it to yourself by playing so much. Play less and appreciate each round more. Only play as much as you can afford.

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2015 8:00 PM

Nothing stopping you from using starter balls.  They never wear out and are totally free.  Help yourself.

• cashwalker
    3 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2015 4:24 AM

I've had enough of all the rude and ignorant people I have come across on here... this WGT is terrible.  Before I quit and delete this app... is there anyway I can re-coup the money I spent on clubs (via sale) or is this investment a write off ?  Please answer politely... Thankyou.

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2015 8:13 AM

MichaelStroke:
    They never wear out and are totally free.  Help yourself.

There is plenty for everyone :-) sorry hpurey no yellows lol

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Tue, Apr 14 2015 8:22 AM

Or try something cheaper.  I've posted some of my best scores with the WGT G13 S vapor, at 129 cr for my color choice.  Of course, I'm just a lowly Master, but I'm trying to learn how to use my clubs better and have good course management.  Not to just depend on an expensive ball to do more of it for me. 

Even with the minimal spin those balls have, I can usually put my shorter approach shots with my CW 588's with in 1-2 yards.   unless I get too much BS and back the shot up 5-6 yards, instead of the 3 yards  I was trying for.  I recently played 18 holes on BPB where my average distance  to the pin was 5.5 ft.  And with my lvl 79 SLDR, I routinely post rounds where my Driving average is 285-290 yards with that ball.

I do realize that when I move up and have to play from the Championship tees, the need for more distance becomes greater.  But there are more options than you've looked at I think.  Download Scotts equipment listing.  You can easily comparison shop for balls there.

Good hunting,

Phred952

RSS