Forums

Help › Forums

Why are you guys releasing new courses just for closest to the pin?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 16 2009 8:42 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • tcmae
    32 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2009 9:35 AM

Why do you guys just release new courses, and just make it closest to the pin? Like Bali Hai, Wolf Creek, Edgewood Tahoe, and St. Andrews. Don't you guys take pictures of the whole 18 hole course, all the 18 holes, not just the holes used for closest to the pin? If you guys did take pictures of all the 18 holes of Bali Hai, Wolf Creek, Edgewood Tahoe, and St. Andrews, why don't you just work on releasing a stroke play for those courses? Because if you are just going to use some of those holes for closest to the pin, why take pictures of all the 18 holes, if you guys do? If you guys are taking pictures of all 18 holes, and you are only going to use some, you are just wasting time to take pictures of the whole course, and wasting the pictures. Also I remember you guys saying that you took pictures of Pinehurst like last year, are you guys ever going to release Pinehurst in the game? It's been a long time, and if you don't eventually, you guys just wasted time taking pictures of Pinehurst, and wasted pictures. Why would you guys take pictures of a course that you wouldn't put in the game? There is no point of taking pictures of a course if you wouldn't put it in the game? So why did you guys take pictures of it then? Also when is St. Andrews going to be released for regular play without entering the tournament, because the only way to get into it, is if you enter the 2010 Pilsner Challange? Also are you ever going to make St. Andrews and Edgewood Tahoe avaliable in stroke play?

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2009 1:13 PM

heyy....u guys!!!.... lol were u in the goonies?!

i think its due to liscensing laws my friend that and the fact that gettin all the fairways right on a course such as st andrews....wld be a feat and a half!

• pedro1888
    51 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2009 2:12 PM

tcmae, would you happen to be a photographer? lol, its just you mentioned pictures in your post about 30 times.

1,644 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2009 4:54 PM

could you focus that up a bit.... I didn't quite get the p i c t u r e... =P j/k

• Ubisir
    19 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2009 5:46 PM

Supposedly the whole St. Andrew's course is done, so I suspect after the contest it may become available soon after.  Am I right, WGT?

• tcmae
    32 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2009 5:59 PM

No I'm not,  but if they took pictures of the whole course, and they are not going to use it, it's just a waste of time, and pictures.

• Hotai
    12 Posts
    Thu, Jul 2 2009 12:33 AM

I have to agree, it is said it takes about 300,000 digitals to get the desired effect.

I would love to see more options on multiplayer games rather than being moved from one pasture to the

other. I could be off the track here and its possible the servers just can't handle the load!?

What is the answer?

Hotai.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2009 9:47 PM

A stroke play course has a longer release cycle than a closest to the hole challenge. We don't have an ETA yet on the next one, but when we do we will post it in the Announcements forum.

• rdemagic
    1 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2009 6:04 PM

Seriously...say the word "picture" again.  I don't think your message is clear.

• Ted1
    6 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2009 10:51 PM

A picture is worth a thousand words.

• PAGES
RSS