Forums

Help › Forums

Edgewood-Tahoe?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 5 2009 10:23 AM (23 replies)
  • mosherkl
    110 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2009 5:31 AM

Will this course, which you said was coming in July, be released as stroke play? Or is this just another in the long line of closest to the pin challenges that never go further?

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2009 9:31 PM

Hi mosherkl, Edgewood-Tahoe will be a closest to the hole challenge. It is not yet certain whether this will become a stroke play course.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2009 11:39 PM

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2009 11:52 PM

LOL!

• mosherkl
    110 Posts
    Tue, Jun 30 2009 8:43 AM

nivlac, great relpy!!

WGTalex, not so much.

Why is releasing a course for stroke play such a rare event? I'm guessing it probably isn't too much more work to acquire the data for full stroke play versus closest to the pin while actually at the course. Yes, programming and converting it to a digital representation would take longer. But it seems like the goal is to simply release the course, not necessarily release the course in a format most people want.

WE WANT STROKE PLAY!!!!!! And I think I speak for the masses on that one.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Tue, Jun 30 2009 10:24 AM

Most certainly Mosh.  This is turning into a sweepstakes, lottery site. There's only one score-based Closest to Pin challenge per month.   I used to play those things all the time, but now I don't bother with any of the sweepstakes ones.  Where's the incentive to improve if I can still win finishing in last place?  As the reigning Closest to Pin Challenge score-based champ on every course offered so far, this is a big thumbs down with the direction WGT is going.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Tue, Jun 30 2009 2:01 PM

We definitely hear you guys on this, and we are working to put out more stroke play courses. For now, we are not ready to make any announcements about the next one.

Thanks also for your opinions on the sweepstakes.

• mosherkl
    110 Posts
    Tue, Jun 30 2009 2:15 PM

No announcements on the next stroke play for a reason? Bethpage I can see, because it was a major announcement, but if stroke play courses are going to be released in amanner similar to closest-to-the-pin, then why the secrecy? Edgewood-Tahoe was mentioned in a forum post and certainly wasn't secretive. Why are stroke play course releases so different?

• mwb5010
    33 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2009 7:50 AM

Is it an extremely more involved process to create a stroke play course than a closest to the pin?

• casique1
    370 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2009 8:13 AM

why again sweepstakes :-( ???

RSS