Forums

Help › Forums

WGT has become an inconsistent, joke to the game

Thu, Jul 30 2020 2:12 PM (106 replies)
  • wordswell
    3 Posts
    Thu, Jul 20 2017 12:39 PM

...to add, pitching near the greens is extremely inconsistent. the projected distances are always inconsistent (i.e. 22 yard max pitch carries 17 yards and rolls 10-15 yards more, do a mulligan, take the same shot, carries for 7 yards and rolls 5 yards). 

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Thu, Jul 20 2017 6:24 PM

@wordswell

If the game is so inconsistent and is "pretty much a crap shoot," then how do you explain so many players who consistently shoot good scores and have excellent stats?

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Thu, Jul 20 2017 6:28 PM

wordswell:
    ...to add, pitching near the greens is extremely inconsistent.

Sure, with starter clubs, the shots will not have the consistency one is looking for. But with better wedges, the pitch shot is (IMO) the most consistent shot in the game. If I'm around the green, I bet I could get up and down over 90% of the time with the pitch.

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Thu, Jul 20 2017 6:49 PM

wordswell:

...to add, pitching near the greens is extremely inconsistent. the projected distances are always inconsistent (i.e. 22 yard max pitch carries 17 yards and rolls 10-15 yards more, do a mulligan, take the same shot, carries for 7 yards and rolls 5 yards). 

Are you serious . Your account is almost a year old and you just made Tour Pro on the 19th of this month . Then on top of that you`re still playing with starter gear and all you play is CTTH . My point is that you dont even play enough to know if the game is consistant or not . At least put your time in before you bad mouth the game .

• WoodyJeep
    1,961 Posts
    Thu, Jul 20 2017 7:41 PM

fairground11:
    and yet your joined date says 2009

Geesh, WGT can't even get the join date correct!

• joemt825
    124 Posts
    Thu, Jul 20 2017 10:15 PM

If anyone doesn't like the game, why don't they simply and quietly quit?  It didn't cost you anything to join and it won't cost you anything to quit.  You will not be missed. 

• WaLk0fLiFe
    285 Posts
    Thu, Jul 20 2017 11:48 PM

joemt825:

If anyone doesn't like the game, why don't they simply and quietly quit?  It didn't cost you anything to join and it won't cost you anything to quit.  You will not be missed. 

lol I often wonder this myself joemt825. So much whining on here about everything. The game has built in variance and that makes it more challenging. I have played with whiners many times and they all had one thing in common..none of them had a clue what they were doing lol

• HandyMcNab
    58 Posts
    Fri, Jul 21 2017 12:30 AM

I am just a beginner but am glad to hear that long term players feel the same as I do. Reading some of the comments from self acclaimed experts on these forums I began to feel I was playing a totally different version of the game to the one they were.

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Fri, Jul 21 2017 10:06 AM

HandyMcNab:
    I am just a beginner but am glad to hear that long term players feel the same as I do.

Reading some of the comments from self acclaimed experts on these forums I began to feel I was playing a totally different version of the game to the one they were.

Yes, it's always affirming to find people who agree with one's point of view. Also, simply because someone has had an account for a number of years does not necessarily mean that they're a long-term player. It simply means their account has been around a long time, not that they've played for that entire time or have played a lot.

Finally, as an aside, who are these players who have proclaimed themselves to be experts?

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Jul 21 2017 10:16 AM

wordswell:
    ..to add, pitching near the greens is extremely inconsistent. the projected distances are always inconsistent (i.e. 22 yard max pitch carries 17 yards and rolls 10-15 yards more, do a mulligan, take the same shot, carries for 7 yards and rolls 5 yards). 

It's all in the practice. The Pitch Shot is my best recovery shot and I'm usually within 2 Yards if not 0

RSS