Forums

Help › Forums

WGT has become an inconsistent, joke to the game

Thu, Jul 30 2020 2:12 PM (106 replies)
  • texastwoputt
    4 Posts
    Sun, Mar 1 2015 5:56 PM

I have been playing wgt since 2008 and it has become a joke.  It is inconsistent in both yardages and wind effect.  You can play the exact same shot twice with identical conditions and get widely different results.  Many long time players feel the same.  If there was any competition for your inconsistent piece of trash, you woud lose ALL your current players

Get a clue and fix this game that once was a very fun, exciting and chllenging game.

Texastwoputt

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Sun, Mar 1 2015 8:02 PM

Seems to be a pretty consistent game to me, yardages and wind since my stroke average is under 62.

If I do get a result I didn't expect I'm almost always able to figure out it was something I did, by to much or to little.

If I don't figure out what happened, I still assume it was somehow me or just luck of the draw with VEM.

Sometimes a shot works better than I expected. Either because of me or because VEM worked in y favor

Assuming it was WGT makes it really hard to get better. 

Just take the bad with the good, move on and play the next shot.

• luweegee
    6 Posts
    Sun, Mar 1 2015 8:30 PM

You forgot to mention the meter lag

• fairground11
    1,211 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2015 9:28 AM

texastwoputt:

I have been playing wgt since 2008 and it has become a joke.  It is inconsistent in both yardages and wind effect.  You can play the exact same shot twice with identical conditions and get widely different results.  Many long time players feel the same.  If there was any competition for your inconsistent piece of trash, you woud lose ALL your current players

Get a clue and fix this game that once was a very fun, exciting and chllenging game.

Texastwoputt

and yet your joined date says 2009

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2015 10:42 AM

texastwoputt:
    You can play the exact same shot twice with identical conditions and get widely different results.  Many long time players feel the same. 

They and you, should know better by now.

• MarkC28
    6 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2016 6:34 PM

I have been playing this game for one week. I typed Inconsistent in the forum search. Some putts do not break as they should. Wind takes some shots and not others. Some times the club does not come any where near the distance it should be hitting, even when the meter says excellent. This game is a joke. But where else to play golf online?

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2016 9:40 AM

ApexPC:

Seems to be a pretty consistent game to me; both in yardages and wind, since my stroke average is under 62.

If I do get a result I didn't expect,  I'm almost always able to figure out it was something I did, by too much, or too little.

If I don't figure out what happened, I still assume it was somehow me, or just luck of the draw with VEM.

Sometimes a shot works better than I expected. Either because of me or because VEM worked in my favor

Assuming it was WGT makes it really hard to get better. 

Just take the bad with the good, move on and play the next shot.

That ^^^ is spot on.

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2016 9:55 AM

texastwoputt:

Texastwoputt

With those irons , I would be surprised if you got 2 identical shots out of 100.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2016 10:15 AM

Not the old I hit 2 identical shots and got different results bollox again.

Anyone who plays golf in real life will tell you the chances of hitting a ball, dropping another in the same spot and playing exactly the same shot are almost zero.

The real life golf swing is a very complex movement where so many factors can influence the outcome of the shot.  On WGT we have click, hold, drag, release and click.  Pretty damn simple isn't it?  Too simple in fact.  Which is why we also have variation. 

If every shot played the same every time it would very quickly become incredibly boring.  Then how long would people hang around and keep playing?

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Wed, Jun 1 2016 10:40 AM

RSS