Forums

Help › Forums

TPC Sawgrass

Mon, Mar 22 2021 12:05 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • mrm6400
    1,787 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 8:29 AM

In all my years playing golf games it is hard to imagine why WGT has not added TPC Sawgrass.  It is a great course and should be added.  While your at it why don't you allow us all to play a regular round and cc rounds in all the courses like Wolfe Creek, Pebble Peach, Celtic Manor and so forth.

Hope is all we have.  Maybe some day.

Michael

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 10:56 AM

mrm6400:

In all my years playing golf games it is hard to imagine why WGT has not added TPC Sawgrass.  It is a great course and should be added.  While your at it why don't you allow us all to play a regular round and cc rounds in all the courses like Wolfe Creek, Pebble Peach, Celtic Manor and so forth.

Hope is all we have.  Maybe some day.

Michael

Not all the courses were photographed to be full 18 hole courses.  Pebble beach will be coming though.

- WGTdbloshoe

• arikuld
    108 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 2:25 PM

Will Cambers Bay be for alt and stroke play also in may or later?

Ari

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2015 5:05 PM

arikuld:

Will Cambers Bay be for alt and stroke play also in may or later?

Ari

VUSO start in May, not sure of the exact date, so the course will be in stroke play then.

- WGTdbloshoe

• arikuld
    108 Posts
    Thu, Feb 26 2015 2:36 AM

Thanks for promt answer Shoe. That is nice to know and makes me smile :-)

Ari

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Thu, Feb 26 2015 10:44 AM

If some other golf game company has rights to use TPC Sawgrass WGT can't add it. 

EA Sports has rights to Augusta National and may also have rights to TPC Sawgrass.  Note in images in this article:

http://www.ea.com/news/first-next-gen-golf-details-revealed

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Thu, Feb 26 2015 1:06 PM

ApexPC:
    EA Sports has rights to Augusta National and may also have rights to TPC Sawgrass

Not just Sawgrass but all TPC courses. They have had that contract with The PGA Tour since the early to mid 1990's.

And by the way The PGA Tour is a separate entity from The PGA of America that runs the PGA Tournament who is now partners with WGT. 

• cbbcrazy
    488 Posts
    Fri, Feb 27 2015 7:09 AM

borntobesting:

ApexPC:
    EA Sports has rights to Augusta National and may also have rights to TPC Sawgrass

Not just Sawgrass but all TPC courses. They have had that contract with The PGA Tour since the early to mid 1990's.

And by the way The PGA Tour is a separate entity from The PGA of America that runs the PGA Tournament who is now partners with WGT. 

The PGA of America owns Valhalla,  will that course become a stroke play venue for WGT?

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Sat, Feb 28 2015 8:27 AM

Maybe.

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Sat, Feb 28 2015 11:26 AM

I'm just wondering if we will get Whistling Straits in any format for the PGA this year.

• PAGES
RSS