Help › Forums

Somebody asked me what.....................tour legend is

rated by 0 users
Mon, Feb 23 2015 12:45 PM (21 replies)
  • CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Sun, Feb 22 2015 7:53 AM

PaulTon:
    The title TL has been tarnished by those unscrupulous enough to CHEAT their way to it.

That's what I like about you, bawbag (merely a term of endearment here, Paul): your ethics.

Lest we not forget the zero wind heroes that play the BPB F9 WGT tournaments 250 + times to make the grade. Pathetic.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Feb 22 2015 8:06 AM

MichaelStroke:
    swimming with sharks, and they've put on tuna-flavored underwear

LMAO!! Good one Michael.

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Sun, Feb 22 2015 8:45 AM

courteneyfish:

Although why they have to saturate it I have no idea. The figure would mean more if it was genuine.

+1  *faints*

YankeeJim:
    A TL with an average in the 60's is one that doesn't cherry pick rounds to protect an average.

According to you then I come under the 'cherry pickers' crowd. Did you think that during the last alt game we played? I missed one putt and you couldn't wait to dive in with another berating comment.... 3 (or was it 4?) up  I believe over 9 was the outcome, yes?

I can assure you I was one of the first to tier up and that was with me, according to the data/spreadsheet experts within my CC at the time, completing somewhere around 90 - 95% of ALL rounds/tournaments (no matter conditions).

No way my average scoring is what WGT displays. I CAN shoot a 56 but I can easily hit a 66 next time I play the exact same tournament.

There's nothing I can do about the way WGT cherry picks the rounds they decide to include when calculating the so called 'average' - wouldn't affect me anyway.

Jees - just look around - some players have egos so big they refuse to allow anything other than crystal/diamond awards to show on their profile pages - way too funny.

I'd love WGT to include EVERY SINGLE HOLE completed in ranked rounds and not just those taken from a round that the player him/herself decide to post or, as suggested previously, do away altogether with the saturation point at the highest tier level.

sarak362336:
    why people get so hung up about their 'average' amazes me.  My true average is around 61 for 18 holes - thats what I would expect to score over 18 holes - My WGT average is now in the mid 57s simply because I have played and posted a lot of rounds.

Similar here. My average is defo more quantity rather than quality.

I used to keep a check up till a few years ago. Here's a sample of what it looked like at the time below;

(Click for full sized version)

My 'true..ish' average is shown as almost 2 strokes worse than what WGT opt to take into consideration.

Nowadays I'd say I'm nearer 4/5 strokes away from what's shown at present, maybe more.

Cherry picking works both ways btw - sandbaggers know that only too well.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Feb 22 2015 8:47 AM

alanti:

YankeeJim:
    Struggling? A TL with an average in the 60's is one that doesn't cherry pick rounds to protect an average.

Agreed and unless they got to TL by being a red tees expert, then an average in the 60's is generally one who cards all their scores, or at least the majority of them.

Personally I have hit the 500 rounds but not yet at saturation as I have played a few Par 5 Courses in CC Comps so my average is true. That said, I would rather see an average based over the last 100 rounds at your tier, as the averages mean zip after saturation. On that subject I want to see red tees scores excluded as well.

The top players will not be affected - they will still be the cream of WGT

I am an OK player, and way below anything top, but I am happy, LOL.

I card most of my scores - mostly do RGs and so OK distorted a little as no point finishing if really only burning balls mostly I decide, but also you don't go in them if blowing out too often.  Most of the stuff in the CC SP anyway, and v much not Beth F9 stuff either, and I hand in everything there good, bad or indifferent.

Any half decent player can get a way below 60 average once saturated - totally nonsense number still as just a measure of best ever 500, but very much achievable by any half decent player over time.

You know I bang on about that new tier where only real rounds count.  IMO should be SP and most of the courses insisted on etc, and decent stats recorded in return.  Nothing elite just something any non orange TL can get if they put in some effort.

I see no point in changing the current TL tier itself though.  Some like red tees, and let them continue to chase it down as their fun.  Some also like easy courses multi play, and this new tier (set up properly) would leave them alone too to carry on banging Beth F9 senseless etc.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Feb 22 2015 10:09 AM

WigerToods2010:
    According to you then I come under the 'cherry pickers' crowd. Did you think that during the last alt game we played? I missed one putt and you couldn't wait to dive in with another berating comment.... 3 (or was it 4?) up  I believe over 9 was the outcome, yes?

WTF is this nonsense? You're daft, I don't berate anyone ever in an AS match. Ballbusting is another story and YOU set that tone every time we play.

You completely missed the point as it comes no where near applying to you. Thanks for the heads up with the berating comment. I'll chose my words more carefully against you in the future.

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Sun, Feb 22 2015 11:26 AM

YankeeJim:
    You're daft, I don't berate anyone

Ummmm....

Looking forward to the next time, Jim.

Yours,

"Dafty".

xxx

^^^ noo..THAT'S cherry picking..... lolololol

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Feb 22 2015 11:42 AM

WigerToods2010:
    Looking forward to the next time, Jim.

Bring this with you.

be·rate bəˈrāt 
  • alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sun, Feb 22 2015 11:48 AM

WigerToods2010:
    No way my average scoring is what WGT displays.

Sure mine is just about right, having looked at history....

Reckon on UELs it'd be 61 / 62 ish

Andy ( unsaturated )

Each to their own, tho...

Agree with Pauls' ethos to achieve the Status ( and it should feel like an achievement )............

Courteney, a ( Beth TL ), shouldn't really comment imo, a v good Legend at best !

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Feb 22 2015 12:04 PM

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Sun, Feb 22 2015 12:43 PM

RSS