Forums

Help › Forums

Hole #4 Kiawah

Tue, Dec 16 2008 5:03 PM (6 replies)
  • Thetruth67
    158 Posts
    Wed, Nov 12 2008 7:34 AM

Typically I try to figure things out myself , but I have tried everything I can think of and cannot get my second shot any closer than about 30 ft. from the pin.  Any tips would be much appreciated

• Costain
    28 Posts
    Sun, Nov 23 2008 10:54 PM

Drive it down the left side of the fairway for sure. If you end up driving it closer to the bunkers on the right then aim even further left as you're player is on a slanted hill. I usually like to take the green dot on the bottom right and put it all the way to the bottom to hit it higher and land softer. If you are say 190 yards from the hole, green dot all the way down, hit the hybrid about a quarter of an inch from full, and just good accuracy and timing and you will get consistent with #4, anything but in the bunker is good! 

• beamer750
    38 Posts
    Tue, Nov 25 2008 4:38 AM

I find if im anywhere betweeen 188-192 out the 3 iron works better for me and gives you a much softer landing espescially if the wind is coming left to right..no matter its a tough hole and par is a good score.

• maltwiz
    17 Posts
    Fri, Nov 28 2008 8:52 AM

Took me a few plays to work out how to hit the green so I sympathise - now I can't stop three putting the sodding thing ----- AAAAARGH

• maltwiz
    17 Posts
    Mon, Dec 1 2008 1:48 AM

3H down left hand side - 4 iron aimed 30 yards left with hard left to right wind, slight fade strike, ran onto green 20 yards past pin, drained the putt! First bird - yippee!!

• maltwiz
    17 Posts
    Mon, Dec 8 2008 4:46 AM

saved a replay from the skills challenge - so strong l-r wind - 4 iron 95% swing aimed well left of the green, full backspin and slight fade strike. Only way I've found to get close but of course landing short of the green puts you in the lap of the golfing gods! Done this a few times now so guess it works!

• Duffer24
    5 Posts
    Tue, Dec 16 2008 5:03 PM

No matter - a tough hole since we can't drive past the wash.  I usually aim to the left of the bunkers and let the terrain roll it up on the green from left to right.  I have only birdied this hole once (got a cool replay of my second shot - almost Eagled it!)

Every time I've tried to land on the green, I've either ended up in the bunker or the green didn't hold - even with full backspin.  Par is a good score on this one!

If we could drive over the wash, it wouldn't be a booger of a hole.

RSS