10,880 Posts
    Sat, Jan 24 2015 12:12 PM

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sat, Jan 24 2015 12:34 PM

9ironnewman:
    Do you get it?

You get it?

This is not golf, so some things may be different, but your rant won't change anything.

You must be the change! If you don't like the difference which you mentioned, you may go golfing.

• AshleyHelton
    11 Posts
    Sat, Jan 24 2015 1:17 PM

I don't know how you can complain about losing balls since they give you an unlimited supply for free. If you don't want to lose balls you have 2 choices, 1 you can play the complimentary WGT balls or B you can not hit errant shots into the brush or water.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Jan 24 2015 4:51 PM

9ironnewman:
    Everyone who's commented so far either has the brains of a rocking horse

Thank you. I will always take a compliment when it is offered.

But no-one said it was real golf, but you were the one to draw the comparison by saying the hazards do not exist in the real world.

Even though I have the brain of a rocking horse, or a blockhead (possibly true as I did once see Ian Dury live), as a golfer I have often seen brush and like hazards when playing on a real golf course - often with the same consequences of finding the hazard - ie a lost ball (plus a stroke and distance).

But in fairness since I have been playing this game I have suffered 2 or 3 lost balls (quite a lot OB or water hazards) so this is quite rare. The common denominator has been me - missing the ding or miscalculating wind. Once I got a bad bounced from the fairway, as happens on a links course.

If you lose a ball in real life golf, would you go straight to the pro shop and complain that the course has just stolen a ball? I doubt it very much.

But as you say, this is only a game, made by a company, and as such is designed to make money as does any business. But you have a choice of how much or how little you spend (and bear in mind many players never spend a penny via free equipment or credit offers). I have never had a grudge about the fact they make money, WGT took the risk of investment - they deserve profits for putting together a great game.

I do agree balls in real life are often cheaper, especially when you buy in bulk. The balls I use in real life are not available on here, but like real golf, I seldom lose a ball these days so usually use a new ball every round (habit). Here they just get used up till they are taken out of play.

But unless you are playing mini putt or golf on a goat track, I simply do not believe that you can play cheaper in real life than on here. Here your green fee is your ball usage - per round that is negligible even using top balls. Membership or payimg green fees, comp fees etc adds up to a hell of a lot more.

I lived in the UK for many years, and played many courses, public and private and the cost was significantly more than I pay on here. Admittedly these were mainly in the SE where the costs are probably more expensive (especially the elite private clubs) but then you have the costof travel and meals/drinks etc. In comparison this is cheap entertainment - as it is only a game after all.

I have also played golf all over the world and seldom do you find green fees less than $20.00, and if you do the quality of the course is not worth playing. Also I have never been able to pay my green fees by doing a free credit offer.

Now do you get it? You have a choice, how much you spend, whether you play or not. I see you use the Callys - a great ball for this game attributes vs cost wise.

Yes this is just a game, it is not real golf and no-one here thinks it is.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sat, Jan 24 2015 6:40 PM

TopShelf2010:

Only 22? I have lost 878 in 5 years.

LOL

878 f'n balls!!!! Why didn't you start a thread complaining about it TS? LOL

Hey 9iron, 878 balls lost, no thread whining about it, do you get it yet?

• tiger319
    1,186 Posts
    Sat, Jan 24 2015 9:24 PM

9ironnewman:

Everyone who's commented so far either has the brains of a rocking horse, has money to burn or works for wgt. Balls have a shelf life, but wgt cannot wait that long. Also blockheads this is not real golf, in real golf there's a chance u may find your ball, it doesn't get stolen that often.

Here's a tip for ya "blockhead" Learn how to hit the fairway and you won't have a problem loosing your balls Jack@ss!!!

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Sat, Jan 24 2015 9:54 PM

9ironnewman:
    has the brains of a rocking horse,

What exactly are you trying to say?

9ironnewman:
    in real golf there's a chance u may find your ball, it doesn't get stolen that often.

Ahh. In real golf, I have lost numerous balls. Mostly because I hit onto the opposing fairway and by the time I get there, the ball has miraculously grown legs and walked away.

The moral of the story is this: play range balls - nobody wants them.

• SilverKNite
    79 Posts
    Sat, Jan 24 2015 11:10 PM

Geesh and here i was thinking this couldn't get any more real - i have played real golf and i was terrible at it lol - and playing online is real to me as well - am i missing something here it is called Virtual Golf - yea your gonna lose balls it is the nature of the game irl or virtual no one is stealing the balls - they wear out or get eat up by the water or brush - some times you get to play the ball out of the brush as well which in most cases is better that you lost the ball in the first place an just lose one stroke - playing out of brush hell i lose more like 3 or 4 strokes - wish this was more like irl golf where you could just take a drop and play on - losing a ball to brush generally means you hit your shot out-of-bounds 

WGB - Worse Golfers can only get Better 

SK

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sun, Jan 25 2015 12:35 AM

RSS