Help › Forums

playing from harder tees

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 30 2009 10:05 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Bobsports
    9 Posts
    Wed, Jun 24 2009 5:55 AM

i am ranked as a pro but i always have to play from tournament tees in ranked play and i always get bogeys and never birdies. can i possibly go to easier tees besides practice or tournaments?

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Wed, Jun 24 2009 7:03 AM

Hi Bob..

Sorry - but once a Pro, you cant go back.

Having said that WGT are I believe reviewing the Pro tees with a view to changing them. Not sure exactly what they have in mind. Stay tuned though.

Once I made Pro, it changes your whole game. You really have to start over again, but with practice, from the same tees - you will get there.

Stick with it.

Cheers Doug

• timgould
    5 Posts
    Wed, Jun 24 2009 12:30 PM

I think it is BS. I was barely playing par golf as a hack, then they throw me to PRO and I haven't made PAR yet.

What kind of PRO do you know that can't play par regular? It is more Amatuer than pro. Hack can rarely par a game. Amatuer can every now and then Par a game, a PRO can more than likely par a game and a Master shoudl be able to hit better than par on most games.

The ranking here stinks and takes a lot of fun out of it. I find myself frustrated the the high winds as a pro. I have an 84 average.... What is PRO about that??

• gadzuks
    44 Posts
    Thu, Jun 25 2009 10:25 AM

OK...last month when things were updated or whatever happened...i was a hack...not proud, but practicing...at least i was with players in the same realm as me...ok ...the without changing my score or even swinging a club...wow now i'm a pro... trying to compete with people that are decidedly more adept at playing this game than i am...why did i get promoted?...at least give me better clubs so that when i do happen to pull one out i may possibly stand a little chance

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Thu, Jun 25 2009 5:51 PM

Hi Guys,

WGT are looking into the tier structure. So lets wait and see what transpires.

I to was a hack at 150 when I started. I hate to keep saying this - but the more you practice the better you'll get. Also spending a few $$ on clubs does help cut a few shots off your score. Get the tour starters and the R9 driver. The money also helps pay site expenses.

Achieving Pro status should actually be quite easy - with practice.

I have played over 100+ ranked rounds now, and probably double on the practice fairways. My ranking was 68 before Bethpage ruined it - but no matter I'll get back. Its all about practice.

Hey Timgould - Looking at your stats they're not to shabby. Nice 34 on the back 9 the other day, 12 shots better than the day before  - thats improvement in anyones books. As a Pro too - so it can be done.

Dont forget guys - Drive for show - PUTT for dough. Get practicing.

Cya's on the course

Cheers Doug

• race1010
    3 Posts
    Thu, Jun 25 2009 9:27 PM

I agree with most of what the others have said. Starting as a hack barely a month ago, didn't mind the short distance driver, etc., but the best I've shot is par, with low wind - yet, like everyone else, all of a sudden, I'm a 'Pro'?? I'm still trying, but it's very frustrating to watch your perfectly hit drive barely make it 200 yards into a slight breeze - having then gone to Bethpage....ARGH! I think I could have played better on the real thing. I'm trying to be positive, but the frustration is causing me to want to play here less and less. I'm not against stepping up to put some $$ into clubs, but I continue to read from other here that it isn't making a difference for them...I'm gonna hold for awhile to see it these 'changes' happen, otherwise, I may just fade away too. :-(

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2009 10:36 AM

Hey WGT.. can we get Doug's (dorkfeature's) post tacked to the front door?

Well said, mate... well said indeed.

Practice practice practice practice practice ad nauseum.

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Sat, Jun 27 2009 12:52 AM

@snaike

Thanks snaike for the support. The site needs all it can get at the moment.

Maybe hook up for a game sometime - depending on time zones.

Cheers

Doug (the dorkfeatures was given to me by my children !! nice eh?? I'm over it now though )

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Jun 27 2009 5:38 PM

Anytime Doug... my kids just call me ATM.  I wonder why... 

• wizbang360
    411 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2009 6:43 PM

I too was a little peeved about be thrust into the pro ranks,   but   I have only been here for ten days and already have a 77+ average  took 5 strokes off just today,

all you have to do it play play play,  figuring out the distences and the wind is fairly easy,  the greens they are another matter, but if you can one putt you are golden, 

so figure out how to knock em close and  have fun!

ohhh by the way,  I still have the free clubs,  cant afford anything better right now,  but will buy some better when I get down to par.

• PAGES
RSS