Club Owner Troll !

Sat, Feb 4 2017 6:38 AM (33 replies)
  • bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Thu, Jan 22 2015 1:47 PM

• Ianzzz
    6,343 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 2:49 PM

He has just tried going through my club now - obviously does not take a hint easily

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 3:27 PM

Just read his wall and seen that he has recently removed a very good member (his words) because he joined in all comps BUT he was of low cast (a tour pro). So he poaches members of other clubs and kicks out his low levels as he goes. Thing is not many players, including himself, play in his club comps so this tour pro was, as well as loyal, very unfortunate.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 3:41 PM

I just saw that too. Should the UN be informed?? Clearly this is tier cleansing!

All joking aside though, it sounds like poor treatment of a fellow golfer but perhaps that ex-member will be better off and happier in a CC where he/she is valued for participating rather than for the supposed status of upper tiers.

• Ianzzz
    6,343 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 5:28 PM

How about the message he sent to a player with 4000 career winnings, asking them to join because he wanted his club to be higher up the Top Earners table !!!!

• BigBlockVettes
    696 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 5:45 PM

My feelings about this is who cares. Look people this is a game not real life, so many players on here just go crazy over CC,S Ownership how many members lol it,s crazy. This is a childs game no more no less , listen to some of these players ranting about this like theres millons of dollars on the line. If a person ask someone in your CC to come & join there,s so be it , the world not going to stop on count of it. When grown ups lose site of the reason this is a game & not real then it,s time to step back & look at yourself. I just think we should all remember this is for fun ,to unwind after a long day, to meet new people online & enjoy some banter & good clean fellowship. I hope everyone in WGT have happy golfing & that GOD shines some sunshine on us all.  Peace out & Happy golfing..................Greg       BigBlockVettes.....

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 8:59 PM
    I can live with members moving to another good club but when they move to a club owned by a sandbagger that plays match-play against hacks to get a good MP record it's harder to take.
  • Stryder1261
    931 Posts
    Tue, Feb 10 2015 11:36 AM

If members want to leave because they are not satisfied with the CC is all good !

To have some Troll disrupt it by recruiting this way is Crap !!  

I have spent a lot of time recruiting members without poaching other clubs and put in a lot of work for my CC by recruiting with a daily post or playing a random player and asking if they belong to a CC and if they don't I invite them to mine!

obviously Vette your just a member and not an owner so why would you care ?? You just play in your group and do none of the work to maintain it !!

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Fri, Feb 3 2017 11:52 PM

Blimey Paul, you recruiting in cemeteries now? This thread has been dead for two years.

At least that's one way to capture an audience. Especially for an abbreviated version of War and Peace.

RSS