Forums

Help › Forums

Haha..... Anyone else royally choke on the championship round?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jun 27 2009 12:39 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • JGates
    158 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2009 8:16 AM

I see even Tibbets posted a 71!  We all know that is not a normal score for him.  I missed so many putts and played so poorly I'm not even sure how I qualified in the first place.  Conditions were not even bad.  Missed some really easy 7 foot putts for par cause I had a brain fart.  Posted a sorry ass 75.  I need more practice. 

WGT - great job building up the hype for this.  I did have a lot of fun even though I choked almost as bad as Ricky Barnes.  Are we going to see more of these types of events?  Say PGA Championship?  Really brings a lot of attention to what you created here. 

BTW - Are you hiring any Developers now? I'd be all over that.

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2009 8:24 AM

LOL yup total Choke. Finished the first nine even with one birdie one bogey , then onto the back nine, nerves took over and shot a stunning 7 over. LOL Most fun I had in a long time.

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2009 8:29 AM

I'm right there with ya 24 putts total...horrible for me

• badaboom
    238 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2009 8:57 AM

Ricky Barnes got nuthin on me! bada ka-BOOM!

• Thetruth67
    158 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2009 9:55 AM

Choke.....that's an understatement.  I took a snowman at #15 on my way to +5 for the round.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2009 10:06 AM

Just call me Phil Mickelson. :(

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2009 3:21 PM

I am not sure that I would call your scores a 'choke'...

Remember.. most of us never made that far.  At least you got to play.

• Lysti
    323 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2009 3:42 PM

I just hope that everyone posts their score if they choke or not.  Don't worry about your score & be a part of the history of the 1st Virtual US Open !   =)

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2009 4:23 PM

Snaike, I was leading the tournament @ -5 and 3 putted #15 from 7 feet for double bogey.  If that's not the definition of a choke, I dunno what is. :)

It was still a great experience.  I don't want anyone to think I'm looking past that and just grumbling, but you can understand how there's a little personal beating up going on just because of the way that it happened.  It was a tough pill to swallow to say the least.

Indeed, congratulations to NASAGolfer. Well played and earned!

• fancyfeet4
    23 Posts
    Wed, Jun 24 2009 5:33 AM

My best was a 69 in qualifying, and after that maybe a 72 or something along those lines, but in the Championship I was 2 under after 6, and even through 14.  I bogeyed each of the last 4 holes to shoot 74.  Each hole I choked on my chip and putt. 

I 3 jacked 15 from 15 ft (was above the cup with 12 inches downhill).  That started my down fall.  Make that putt and I have a shot at the lead.

Oh well.  Maybe they can do something for the British.

• PAGES
RSS