Help › Forums

Can't play on Desktop Computer

Mon, May 31 2021 12:38 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • HBK597
    6 Posts
    Tue, Jan 6 2015 1:43 PM

Hi,

I have recently been playing WGT Golf on my iPhone and my iPad. I have no problem logging in to the game with my username and my password on those devices. However, when I try to log on to play on my desktop computer at WGT.com, it says "It appears that you already have an account to play WGT Golf on Facebook. You will not be able to use the same account to play World Golf Tour on www.WGT.com".

When I click on "Go to WGT Golf on Facebook", it takes me to my facebook account to play WGT Golf, but then it says "It appears that you already have an account to play World Golf Tour on www.WGT.com. You cannot use that same account to play WGT Golf on Facebook, and you cannot create a new account for WGT Golf on Facebook because your email address is already in use on World Golf Tour."

Then when I click on the "Go to World Golf Tour" link, it takes me back to WGT.com. As a result, I can't log in anywhere, and it is a constant loop between WGT.com and Facebook.

My account was initially created on Facebook, therefore that's where I should be able to play; however, as mentioned above it redirects me to the www.wgt.com website.

Is it possible for me to play WGT Golf on my Desktop Computer? Or can I only play with my username on my iPhone and iPad?  Perhaps there is something wrong with my account settings?  Anyone else encountered this problem?

Thanks!

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Tue, Jan 6 2015 1:49 PM

Where did you first create your account through Facebook?  The facebook website or through the app?

- WGTdbloshoe

• HBK597
    6 Posts
    Tue, Jan 6 2015 1:54 PM

The account was originally created on Facebook.com through the WGT Golf game.

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Tue, Jan 6 2015 2:23 PM

HBK597:

The account was originally created on Facebook.com through the WGT Golf game.

CS let me know that they are working with you, keep working with them.  They have some more abilities then I do.

- WGTdbloshoe

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Tue, Jan 6 2015 2:24 PM

WGTdbloshoe:
    Where did you first create your account through Facebook? 

HBK597:
    My account was initially created on Facebook

• HBK597
    6 Posts
    Tue, Jan 6 2015 4:39 PM

Thanks WGTdbloshoe, I'll do that.  Tried clearing the cookies in my browser but did nothing.  Going to continue to work with CS and hopefully resolve this!

Thanks!

• HBK597
    6 Posts
    Tue, Jan 6 2015 4:43 PM

tigersmiles:

I am using Maxthon as my browser which was great until a couple of weeks ago.

Now i cannot even play 1 hole without a caption appearing saying "cant connect to website". I have no chance of playing multiplayer games now as i get booted from every match. Every other website i am having no trouble with..???

I have tried google chrome & firefox but my meter is so jumpy on those servers it is ridiculous..!!!

If you are using maxthon & are having similar problems i would love to hear from you...

Rohan :((

My issue is not similar at all to your issue, sorry.  I can't even get to the login screen, as in Facebook when I click play, it directs me to the www.wgt.com website, and when I click play on the www.wgt.com website (after logging in) it directs me back to Facebook to play... and the loop continues forever.

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Tue, Jan 6 2015 7:15 PM

HBK597:
    I can't even get to the login screen, as in Facebook when I click play, it directs me to the www.wgt.com website, and when I click play on the www.wgt.com website (after logging in) it directs me back to Facebook to play... and the loop continues forever.

Delete this account while you have nothing invested and start fresh from wgt.com 

just what i would suggest bro 

• JoeLeTaxi91
    10 Posts
    Tue, Jan 6 2015 7:36 PM

I too would say just start afresh on the browser PC version.

I hate the iPhone version of this game, maybe some like it, that's up to you but definitely not for me.

• HBK597
    6 Posts
    Wed, Jan 7 2015 6:40 AM

Thanks for the tip spdemon and JoeLeTaxi91; however, I have been playing for a bit now on the iPhone / iPad so have made a fair bit of progress in the game (lvl 25, amateur). 

I also really enjoy the Mobile version of the game and anticipate it's where I'll do most of my game play; however, am also hoping to get the PC version working so I can also play on the computer at some point.

• PAGES
RSS