Forums

Help › Forums

Bogus surveys

Wed, Mar 31 2021 12:51 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MacinTex
    25 Posts
    Mon, Dec 15 2014 7:22 AM

I am really starting to get pissed off about the surveys that get all the answers they need, and THEN  ask the classification questions and reject you at the end after 15-20 minutes.  I just did a survey on Extended Stay hotels offering only 90 points for a 15 minute survey.  I answered 75 or so questions honestly taking the entire survey, answered the classification questions at the end and then was rejected because I didn't fit the demo.  THAT IS BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We need to earn points even to buy balls and  CC passes, and I only get approved for about 1 in twenty tries, so when I do answer all the questions, I expect to get the points.  Give us an easier way to earn credits.  The Offers you have suck too, because to just keep looping through screen after screen and you never get the points unless you give up way too much personal information. 

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Mon, Dec 15 2014 11:34 AM

I want to give you a little background on how market research works; market researchers administer surveys to users in hopes of reaching specific demographics of people.  If you do not meet the specific niche they are looking for, you will get screened out or disqualified.  They look at anything from age, geographic location, gender, interests, products you've recently bought, how big your family is, ethnicity, etc.  Advertisers can also limit the number of respondents they want to participate in a specific survey, so if this number is reached you will receive a "closed" message when attempting to open it.  

Surveys also work in real time, meaning you can get disqualified/screened out at any point of the survey; your answers are never taken unless you are fully qualified and are credited.  Some companies give users a small amount of points for attempting a survey, but this is not a requirement and not every researcher does this.  Moving forward, please expect to be screened out of surveys as this is part of the market research process. 

• MacinTex
    25 Posts
    Mon, Dec 15 2014 12:28 PM

I understand ALL of that,  and that's fine, but have them do the screening at the beginning of the survey and not at the end.  Once you answer ALL of their questions first, they get the data they need and then they screen you out at the end without paying the points. That's just wrong.  I get screened out of a bunch up front, and I don't care about those, but when you fill out the whole survey, you should get the points.

• MacinTex
    25 Posts
    Mon, Dec 15 2014 12:58 PM

. . . and instead of giving me a lesson on Marketing, you should give your partners a lesson in Business Ethics!

• Slaytanlc
    45 Posts
    Wed, Dec 31 2014 4:41 AM

MacinTex:

. . . and instead of giving me a lesson on Marketing, you should give your partners a lesson in Business Ethics!

Agreed, I have had this happen too. I got past the age, race, location, basically all the demographic stuff. Spent 15 minutes giving responses, than at the tail end, oops you do not qualify. And yes that is extremely unethical.

• jdhogfan
    3 Posts
    Thu, Jan 1 2015 7:06 PM

How about the marketers that qualify you for a survey, tell you it takes about 18 minutes for 120 points then after fully completing the survey ~ 20 minutes later I'm met with "we have another survey for you" for which I honestly answer and spend another 15 minutes completing for which I'm met with "we have another survey for you".

At this point I started answering "none/not applicable etc" just to try and end the survey and continued to get "we have another survey for you" over and over. 

I continued on for an 90 minutes just to see how long it would go before I finally just quit. PS - I was never credited a single credit for participation. It has soured me to EVER participating again.

• MacinTex
    25 Posts
    Fri, Jan 2 2015 6:55 AM

What I think is really strange now is that since my rant, I haven't qualified for a single survey!  Perhaps a little retaliation?!?!?!? Oh well, when these points run out, I'm done.  I'm sure not buying any more to play such an inconsistent and mediocre game.

• Slaytanlc
    45 Posts
    Fri, Jan 2 2015 11:11 AM

jdhogfan:

How about the marketers that qualify you for a survey, tell you it takes about 18 minutes for 120 points then after fully completing the survey ~ 20 minutes later I'm met with "we have another survey for you" for which I honestly answer and spend another 15 minutes completing for which I'm met with "we have another survey for you".

At this point I started answering "none/not applicable etc" just to try and end the survey and continued to get "we have another survey for you" over and over. 

I continued on for an 90 minutes just to see how long it would go before I finally just quit. PS - I was never credited a single credit for participation. It has soured me to EVER participating again.

Yes this has absolutely happened to me as well. And a couple Supersonic ones said thanks for participation after I finished and never paid out.

• MacinTex
    25 Posts
    Sat, Jan 3 2015 7:03 AM

Do you believe this one?  Gives you a lot of faith in the companies WGT deals with, eh?

. . . and the ones from UNIVOX sound like they're translated from Martian or something!!!

• GoodDay50
    1 Posts
    Mon, Jan 5 2015 10:13 PM

I have been patient and filled out most of my life's information.

If this is not fixed I may quit WGT.

I am not writing much as everyone else about my has already

I have even completed offers!!! 

Please do something about this 

• PAGES
RSS