Forums

Help › Forums

Any math formulas to find putt distance?

Tue, Apr 25 2023 9:37 PM (80 replies)
  • HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Sun, Jan 9 2022 11:25 AM

First you asked this:

Tepi62Ka:
    I am not interested about speed...Butr how you evaluate those breaks on greens? How fast dots are moving...what colour green grid is...what you do? Also...when theres dots moving aside, how its possible ball rolling just straight...or opposite? Explain to me please.

You got a reply:

PureGro1:
    The speed is the answer to the rest of your questions....

PureGro is correct, the speed is the answer to your questions.  You evaluate breaks based on the direction and speed of the moving dots. How fast are they moving, you ask? Hmmm, depends on the speed. How fast are the greens, Fast 9,  Standard 7.9, Tournament 12, etc.. 

I had included this:

Because each hole has different elevation, undulation, slope, and so on, I do not think it's possible to have a formula. Instead, notes are your guide. If you hit putt from a spot on a specific hole and it does something good or very bad, make a note of it. Next time you are there, you will have previous notes and can adjust."

Now you say this:

Tepi62Ka:
    .then i need money back from putter...cause it mix my speed so well!

Is it about the speed or not?

I mean no disrespect, I am just asking, are you having trouble with calculating the speed of the greens or "reading" the putts.

Whichever one it is, there are several threads which discuss putting speed which you can find using the search box on the right.  As for reading greens, other than just playing practice rounds to learn the breaks, there are many youtube videos available which show how to read the dots.

• Cicero733
    2,291 Posts
    Sun, Jan 9 2022 11:44 AM

Is it possible he is asking about force/power percentage - how hard to hit the ball to reach the hole?

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Sun, Jan 9 2022 11:55 AM

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Sun, Jan 9 2022 11:59 AM

Cicero733:
    Is it possible he is asking about force/power percentage - how hard to hit the ball to reach the hole?

You mean speed?  OMG, let's not go there.

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Sun, Jan 9 2022 12:13 PM

Tepi62Ka:
    Butr how you evaluate those breaks on greens?

you got the best answer in the first reply ...

Tony08888:
    direct your attention over yonder ways >>>>> to the search box? Not trying to be flippant but this subject has been covered many many times.

while others may have had good intentions, some of the information is misleading and you are better off  just doing a search of putt formulas or putting calculations for break and speed.  there are probably upwards of at least a dozen methods out there that were based on their style of putting.

if you play on a tablet, look for a person that uses a method and plays on a tablet, if you are a desktop player, look for a person that plays on a desktop and uses a formula - but start with someone that approaches the game similar to yourself.  

various methods will have strengths and weakness - so learning what works best for you - is what matters and you will learn more how to putt and how dots influence a putt by researching various methods.

for what it is worth - you can also use the putt preview feature in practice rounds to learn the same type of thing or create a formula of your own.

• Tepi62Ka
    321 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2022 7:08 AM

Yes..its a question of how I reading putts...but also I cant trust my countings. Some greens is maths well...other are like playin dump! Really, its not strenght my feelings. I am so pissed off here are so many different strategies and inside tricks...will never learn those all!

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2022 11:02 AM

Tepi62Ka:
    I am so pissed off here are so many different strategies and inside tricks...will never learn those all!

My suggestion to you would be:  do a Search, pick one of the putting methods, and try it out.  If it works for you... great!  Just keep using that.  If it doesn't work for you, pick another method and try that.

It sounds like you are looking for a simple answer to the larger question "How Should I Putt?"  But there is no simple, single answer that works for everyone.  You're going to have to find the answer that works best for you.  And that is going to take time, and practice, and trial-and-error.  It will not happen overnight.

• Tepi62Ka
    321 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2022 4:36 AM

No i dont search Any kind of simply answer....More i looking some functionabily and trustfull for my game. It seems not found here!

• Tony08888
    564 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2022 9:26 AM

Tepi62Ka:

No i dont search Any kind of simply answer....More i looking some functionabily and trustfull for my game. It seems not found here!

The answers are here. I’m far from being a great putter but my putting average is 1.36 so it doesn’t suck either. My system is based on a post from Naturali. Search for his name.

Babzilla33 uses JC Snead method and his average is 1.24 which makes him one of the better putters in the game. Do a search for JC Snead and read up on that system.

You can’t be given an answer and expect it to be a plug and play. It will take a lot of leg work to search out the information, a lot of study time to digest it, and a hell of a lot practice to start improving.

In the end it will be worth it if that is what you really want to do.

• Tepi62Ka
    321 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2022 9:53 PM

Yes I just read it...and get my head messed up but thanks anyway

RSS