Forums

Help › Forums

Any math formulas to find putt distance?

Tue, Apr 25 2023 9:37 PM (80 replies)
  • Tepi62Ka
    321 Posts
    Fri, Jan 7 2022 8:09 AM

I am not interested about speed...Butr how you evaluate those breaks on greens? How fast dots are moving...what colour green grid is...what you do? Also...when theres dots moving aside, how its possible ball rolling just straight...or opposite? Explain to me please.

• Tony08888
    564 Posts
    Fri, Jan 7 2022 2:05 PM
    Tep, may I be so bold to direct your attention over yonder ways >>>>> to the search box? Not trying to be flippant but this subject has been covered many many times. There is a wealth of information about it here in the forums. Spend a few hours of research here and you will have enough info to start practicing confidently.
  • PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Fri, Jan 7 2022 2:28 PM

Tepi62Ka:
    I am not interested about speed

The speed is the answer to the rest of your questions....

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Fri, Jan 7 2022 5:26 PM

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Fri, Jan 7 2022 8:11 PM

HamdenPro:

That looks about right HP, or very close, that you should make 2 out of 3

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Fri, Jan 7 2022 8:21 PM

garyk49:
    That looks about right HP, or very close, that you should make 2 out of 3

Actually that be calculations for free drop acceleration but, ICON gave some wisdom on page 1 of this thread, from 2010...

Because each hole has different elevation, undulation, slope, and so on, I do not think it's possible to have a formula. Instead, notes are your guide. If you hit putt from a spot on a specific hole and it does something good or very bad, make a note of it. Next time you are there, you will have previous notes and can adjust."

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Sat, Jan 8 2022 2:44 PM

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲

Do you honestly think after being here almost 13 years, I actually thought that was a formula for putting speed?  I played the long route to TL, not the shortcuts there is today.  

You posted a formula(you state Free Drop Acceleration, which is might well damn be) to the OP, who is not even here anymore.  A couple of other people resurrected this 12 year thread.  And it wasn't Icon that posted the putting information long ago, it was by his then Player Name of Nivlac.

Apparently my sense of humor has gone awry, or it seems to have disappeared in the world.

I guess I should refrain, either good or bad, helpful or not, from posting in the forums anymore, as this is the second thread, that humor has seemed to fall on deaf ears.

I thought about adding something of a comment to the poster at the top of this page, but have since decided against it.

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Sat, Jan 8 2022 2:59 PM

garyk49:

Apparently my sense of humor has gone awry, or it seems to have disappeared in the world.

I guess I should refrain, either good or bad, helpful or not, from posting in the forums anymore, as this is the second thread, that humor has seemed to fall on deaf ears.

I thought about adding something of a comment to the poster at the top of this page, but have since decided against it.

I do not understand. I thought, in your reply, you were being humorous (intentionally). I did not mean to disrespect you, or the OP, in any way. In fact, to the contrary, my last post I was attempting to be helpful.

• Tepi62Ka
    321 Posts
    Sun, Jan 9 2022 9:09 AM

Sorry...but its not! If it is...then i need money back from putter...cause it mix my speed so well!

• Tepi62Ka
    321 Posts
    Sun, Jan 9 2022 9:12 AM

This all is so nice...understandt you like be humourious and kind...

RSS