Forums

Help › Forums

WGT vs. Reality

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 22 2009 10:06 AM (4 replies)
  • bigbarry
    1 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 12:20 AM

I can't fully say how much I am enjoying watching the U.S. Open after playing Bethpage Black in WGT.  It is so surrealistic to see the pros hitting the ball and recognizing every green, fairway, and backgroung shot without ever being there in person.  The green breaks and bunkers are all where we see them when we play on-line and you can appreciate how hard it is for the pros to play after we have "been there" ourselves,  I can't wait until Augusta is on WGT.

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 1:07 AM

Hi Bigbarry

I agree with your comments 100%. 

The coverage down under here in Australia has been great, and it is such a blast to be so familiar with the course, and to see the "real" Pro's really struggling on the same holes that we have. I cant say how much I have enjoyed it - it has been absolutely tremendous.

Unfortunately I didnt make the cut, my best 72 - but I think I have improved my game no end, trying to beat this beast. I even took a few tips of the real pro's before I had my last round today. +4  I'm afraid, but again some great shots sprinkled in there - amongst some poorer ones.

A BIG THANK YOU to WGT for this experience. I think they got the realism just about spot on.

Cant wait for the Masters in Virtual - what a blast that would be.

Again - many thanks WGt for this incredible experience, I take my hat off to you.

Keep up the good work, and dont worry about the detractors to much - you will never please everybody.

Cheers

Doug  :-)

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 1:15 AM

We really enjoy making this site for you all.  It is great to hear the positive comments..  There is much more to come so thanks for your support.

• Firebong
    1 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 8:58 AM

Just glad we didnt have all the rain but other then that great work WGT

• ShaunMcClarty
    270 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 10:06 AM

between this game and tiger woods, im almost yelling at my tv what each shot is gonna do

and i wouldnt have minded some of the quick stop greens they got with all that rain

RSS