Forums

Help › Forums

Practice for BTB prior to Final Round?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 22 2009 7:24 AM (8 replies)
  • steel4rce
    1 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2009 6:33 PM

Just wondering if you will be able to shoot some practice/warm up rounds on BPB on Mon 6/22 prior to playing your final round for the championship?

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2009 8:41 PM

I doubt it. We've been practising for a month now .. tomorrow we just play with higher winds.

• slor
    902 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 1:34 AM

Whole course is up for practice rounds.

• Azrael
    19 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 4:59 AM

I wouldn't want to play without practising, I'm always a bit rusty out of the gate :P

But I didn't make the cut unfortunately! I could have one time, but I messed up a 4 feet put on 15 (and I bogied 16 on top of that, not that it really mattered anymore).

In hindsight I should have bought the R9 driver earlier, I only bought it 3 days ago, it really makes a big difference on Bethpage Black.

Good luck to everyone who made it, I'm looking forward to the results!

• JGates
    158 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 5:55 AM

Am I missing something?  Where did you find BP to play a practice round?

• anotherhook
    17 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 6:09 AM

Go to the us open screen - then go to play a round - You will get an option for single or group. Play is from the blue tees and wind is moderate

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 6:16 AM

Yeah the tees are up in the practice round. I just birdied #5, take that you ungrateful hole!! lol... Front seems to mirror the back with what they did in multiplayer.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 6:16 AM

In the Us Open screen, it's under the  'Experience Bethpage' tab, as opposed to the 'Championship Events' tab.

• Azrael
    19 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 7:24 AM

Darn, I suppose those blue tees are a little closer than before, I just had a lost ball on 3 because it was way over the green!

I sure hope we will be able to play the difficult tees again, I would like to be able to get par or lower in the same conditions as qualifying.

RSS