The standard green speeds:

TLs: Championship 13 stimp

Legends: Tourney 12

TMs: Tourney 11

TPs and Masters: very fast 10

Pros: Fast 9

Amateurs: Standard 8

Hacks: Slow 7

Me thinks, for separate CC tourney set-up, the tiers should play their speed, maximally one off. All-tier tourneys may vary, but my higher tiers refuse to play too slow greens unless specified as a Special. Thus, it's Very fast or more, often Tourney 12 - lower tiers have to accumulate adapt.

Another option is to allow for "random" conditions - then it's not your fault.

P.S. There have been "easy" set-ups in special sponsored tourneys. For example, there was one from easy or medium tees @KIA (2012?) which resulted in the first 49 score for 18 holes.

OTOH, VUSO and other important tourneys are set for "hard" oder "hardest" tees for ev1 - a hard time for Amateurs with Starter equipment...

• thesnakeyes
    892 Posts
    Tue, Dec 2 2014 3:43 AM

we have a tier league set conditions to random and keep default teaas n green then everyone plays off their tees and greenspeeds but on the same course. we then seperate the results based on your tier feel free to check the table below

Tier league

this way all compete on the same level.

• Plomps2point0
    1 Posts
    Sun, Apr 26 2020 11:54 PM

Guys please help

as u can see I’m new to WGT and amongst friends we have created a county club we have levels of amateur and pro we would like to have a country club tournament where we all play off the same tee box regardless of tier in the game

how do I set it up that we all off the same tee shot 

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Mon, Apr 27 2020 10:19 AM

Plomps2point0:

Guys please help

as u can see I’m new to WGT and amongst friends we have created a county club we have levels of amateur and pro we would like to have a country club tournament where we all play off the same tee box regardless of tier in the game

Just click the tee's (box/icon) during set up of tourney and chose EASY.....MEDIUM....HARD...or HARDEST....You have those 4 to chose from....

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Mon, Apr 27 2020 10:52 AM

Plomps2point0:
    we would like to have a country club tournament where we all play off the same tee box regardless of tier in the game
    No offence intended, but this is a set-up which gives an advantage to higher tiers:

It robs the lower tiers of the compensation of their lower skills and less powered equipment.

Of course, you may do as you like but to me it has an air of unfairness.

• jacktrade51
    10,835 Posts
    Sat, May 2 2020 9:05 PM

Plomps2point0:

Guys please help

Simple answer is, when setting up tournament, scroll down to advanced settings, click on that.  First choice is tee boxes ... default means everyone plays to their tier.  Hardest is L+, Hard is TM-M, Medium is TP-P, and Easy is Amateur and below.  You do have the option of setting tees hole by hole.

Alosso's comment is correct.  Assuming players have bought clubs appropriate to their tier, shortening the tees is an advantage for the better players.

With our club over 1/2 Legends+, leaving aside the Average Buster/Go Low rounds (whatever the club calls them), I do occasionally mess around with the tiers just to give the Legends+ a different look.  I just did Merion medium tees for 18 holes last week.  But there is no doubt, the Tour Pro-Pros cannot compete with the Legends+ when we are on medium tees.

And in our internal handicap system, only tournaments from default tees are considered.

In your club, as you described it, I get why you would want to do it for different reasons.

Tom.

• Grandelf
    588 Posts
    Sun, May 28 2023 4:30 PM

After not playing this game for three years, when I returned it seems the options have changed when setting up a club tournament. 

It used to be when you selected options, green speed, wind, pins and so on, you could also choose what tee the players can use. There was a default selection, or a small box you checked to then select what tee's EVERYONE uses in the event. It seems that is no longer possible.

I understand the opinion that higher tiered players may have an advantage, my point is that some tourneys were busier when the tees were shorter. It was used as a way to increase member participation. 

Is the tee selection no longer an option?

Thanks

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Mon, May 29 2023 1:12 PM

Grandelf:

It used to be when you selected options, green speed, wind, pins and so on, you could also choose what tee the players can use. There was a default selection, or a small box you checked to then select what tee's EVERYONE uses in the event. 

Is the tee selection no longer an option?

It's still an option.  If you're setting up your tournament using the web site, select Advanced Options next to Conditions.  You can then change the tees to whatever you like.

• Grandelf
    588 Posts
    Mon, May 29 2023 1:52 PM

SamSpayed,

Thanks, but I go to my club. click new tournaments, this url is what I see. https://www.wgt.com/clubs/create_tournament.aspx

All looks as it always has...but that option box is no longer there. 

I have set up a HUGE amount of events in the past 10 years,  that option you mention and I am very aware of is not there. Very odd. 

I did go back through WGT.com 

I see the advanced options box as always.

When I click I get a drop down showing the options, wind, speed etc....but there is no longer the tee box option. 

RSS