10,879 Posts
    Tue, Nov 25 2014 5:19 AM

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Nov 25 2014 5:27 AM

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Tue, Nov 25 2014 5:37 AM

There are many options that work much much better and are accurate. PP is not accurate. You can get used to it, but it's designed as a revenue stream for WGT - That should be a clue right there. 

Find one of the alternatives through here, you'll be far happier and have much better results. 

I'll run it sometimes, depending on what I'm playing on as the other ones do require setting up, PP it doesn't matter. 

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Nov 25 2014 7:58 AM

The Putter Pal is somewhat newish. I wish it had been here when I started. It must be far superior to the taped on "notebook paper" gauge I have always used. I am convinced I would be a better putter if I had only used it as my guide. 

• TarheelsRule
    5,462 Posts
    Tue, Nov 25 2014 8:26 AM

I use Putter Pal and Shot Pal as well and find them very accurate and a great tool.   For most of the country clubs with level 5 (I think ) or above both of these are free so I'm not sure  what revenue generation that is.

Much better than the old scales we taped on the computer in the past.  You can easily disable it if you like.   I view both of these as great tools and as I mentioned they are free from most country clubs.

I also use the course notebook, now that they fixed it the notebook is a great tool.  I don't like having 10 home made tools, I'm much more happy to have things at my fingertips in a concise format.

• TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2015 10:13 AM

Do everyone a favor and make the increments on this stupid pos consistant across the meter. Then it would not be guess or by golly if you're in between increments!

• DaveStrock
    919 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2015 10:41 AM

TracyMax ,,I totally agree,,,the spacing on putter pal as it is now makes no since at all,,tried it for awhile and went back to my tape on version instead,,much more accurate with even spacing.....

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2015 11:20 AM

DaveStrock:

TracyMax ,,I totally agree,,,the spacing on putter pal as it is now makes no since at all,,tried it for awhile and went back to my tape on version instead,,much more accurate with even spacing.....

How does it not make sense? There are marks at every 10% and extra marks at 25% 50% and 75%. Making it very easy to get the correct distance on your putts if you know how hard to hit the ball for the green speed you are playing. A putt that needs to be hit with 10 foot power would be 10% on the 100 foot scale which is the first mark on putter pal for any scale chosen. And with a taped on version even a slight change in monitor resolution everything is way off. Not so with putter pal. It changes with a resolution change. 

RSS