Forums

Help › Forums

Master Level

Thu, Feb 9 2023 6:11 PM (56 replies)
  • Duphpherer
    437 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2021 11:54 AM

I'm relatively new to WGT. Downloaded it 6 months ago, but barely played.

About 6 weeks ago, I began playing almost every day. I'm retired, so have some extra time. Today I hit level 61 and was made Master with only about a dozen ranked rounds and an average of 78 or 79. I've played against Tour Pros that are level 110, why I got promoted at 61 to Master, I can't explain. Almost all my play has been head to head as it applies to sponsored clothing, ie; 30 minutes every 6 hours. Other than getting all my epic gear, I have no long or short term goals.

I've watched to thousand of vids and offers to afford clubs, still need wedges, but then it starts all over as we level up. 

Right now being a Master is a penalty. I don't get to buy the 300 yd driver and best irons at 61, but I still move back on the tee box. So Master brings me only, more losses, disadvantage and sadness.  lol

Good luck all and stay safe....  and fix your divots. 

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2021 12:52 PM

A few comments....

- It's a mystery what criteria WGT uses to promote players who primarily play coin or H2H games.  At Master tier, I don't think you necessarily need a longer driver, but if you really want one, the TaylorMade SIM2 Driver (L55+) is a very good choice (277 yds) if you can afford it.  

- Before you buy a driver, though, I'd suggest you drop your hybrid and get a matching set of 3 wedges.  Take a look at the Max Spin wedges (L50-52) and see what you think.  They are good wedges for the price, and they will help you lower your scores and win more games.

- You are in a dead CC.  Everybody there is a Recruit, your owner hasn't been seen in 2½ years, and almost nobody in your CC plays.  You are welcome to join our club (Mostly Harmless) if you like.  We are a very small club of mostly older players, but active and friendly, with lots of great advice in our CC Forum.  If you're interested in joining, you'll need to quit your current CC, then click on the "Ask To Join" button on our CC page.

Whatever you decide... Best of luck to you and enjoy your game!

• Duphpherer
    437 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2021 8:43 AM

Thank you SamSpayed. Your moniker had me LOL. Ironically, I'm buying that Taylor driver this morning and the wedges are next, but will have earn the credits.

I joined a CC to get the extra hash marks on the swing meter. Appreciate the invite and perhaps will apply at a future date. 

Thanks for the reply and stay safe out there.  

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2021 12:01 PM

Duphpherer:
    I'm buying that Taylor driver this morning and the wedges are next, but will have earn the credits.

That's a great choice.  With WGT's 20% off sale, it's a bargain at 2,380 credits 😉 

• Francis1771
    1 Posts
    Wed, Dec 8 2021 5:15 AM

Hey 

I like your comment " it's like teeing off from the parking lot " . I just played a couple of games and I am level 70 tour pro and was wondering what It will be like when i level up and also came here to find out about the different levels because i played against a level 68 master and they had a higher average than me .i was wondering if anyone knows any info about the win counter at the top ,I swear to God that I win matches and it doesnt change and then every week I think it resets and then it usually tells me if I have moved up or down like from gold or silver , not sure what is going on here and I'm usually 9 for 9 by one week .

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Sun, Dec 12 2021 11:44 AM

Duphpherer:

Thank you SamSpayed. Your moniker had me LOL. Ironically, I'm buying that Taylor driver this morning and the wedges are next, but will have earn the credits.

I joined a CC to get the extra hash marks on the swing meter. Appreciate the invite and perhaps will apply at a future date. 

Thanks for the reply and stay safe out there.  

If I  were I would give serious thought to quitting Woody CC and joining SamSpayed's.  Your owner hasn't played in close to 3 years so you are basically in a dead CC. 

• toeflishard
    5 Posts
    Thu, Feb 9 2023 6:11 PM

bestof par 5 and par 3 doesnot count

RSS