Forums

Help › Forums

Master Level

Thu, Feb 9 2023 6:11 PM (56 replies)
  • AugustWest82772
    45 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2021 1:03 PM

I think that it actually does apply to Desktops too regarding coin rooms and moving up tiers. Thanks for what you've written, I couldn't find much on this anywhere.

The one I'm not entirely sure about is Showdowns, but I believe those have no bearing at all on tiering up.

Thanks again...

• Saintysl
    1 Posts
    Sun, Jun 20 2021 8:17 AM

Facts!! Haha

• Trtr30
    32 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2021 1:01 PM

Based on this, it seems close to impossible to reach the last 3 or 4 tiers without joining a CC. It seems that CCs often have courses/tournaments designed for easier scoring. Or are those courses/tournaments not considered ranked rounds?

• Dex000
    109 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2021 4:58 PM

Trtr30:

Based on this, it seems close to impossible to reach the last 3 or 4 tiers without joining a CC. It seems that CCs often have courses/tournaments designed for easier scoring. 

It depends on whether or not you want to reach those higher levels as a good player or a mediocre player. If you just want the tier, then yeah, joining a CC that runs easy games specifically to tier up is the way to go. You'll be a paper Champion and you'll lose most of your games to lower ranked players. There are a TON of paper champs out there for this reason, and they're all not very good.

It's much better to play regular rounds from the back tees, learn to adjust for high winds, and figure out putting on all green speeds so that when you reach the higher ranks you deserve to be there. 

Up to you. Personally I don't mind paper champs. They make the brackets and ready-go Tournaments a lot easier to win. 

• SamSpayed
    4,890 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2021 9:06 PM

Trtr30:

Based on this, it seems close to impossible to reach the last 3 or 4 tiers without joining a CC. It seems that CCs often have courses/tournaments designed for easier scoring. Or are those courses/tournaments not considered ranked rounds?

Joining a CC is not absolutely necessary in order to achieve the upper tiers.  But for most players, being part of a CC does make the game more enjoyable.

Every CC is different.  Some CC's do offer lots of red-tee tournaments to make it easier to tier up.  Others (like mine) don't offer them at all.  I guess it's kind of like the difference between actually reading a book vs. just buying the CliffsNotes for it.

• Trtr30
    32 Posts
    Thu, Jun 24 2021 6:52 AM

Or not reading the book at all and BSing your way through papers as my daughters have been known to do and get freakin' A's on their papers.

(They obviously get their brains from their mom)

RSS