Forums

Help › Forums

Master Level

Sat, Sep 18 2021 12:01 PM (53 replies)
  • AugustWest82772
    37 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2021 1:03 PM

I think that it actually does apply to Desktops too regarding coin rooms and moving up tiers. Thanks for what you've written, I couldn't find much on this anywhere.

The one I'm not entirely sure about is Showdowns, but I believe those have no bearing at all on tiering up.

Thanks again...

• Saintysl
    1 Posts
    Sun, Jun 20 2021 8:17 AM

Facts!! Haha

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2021 7:50 PM

If all you know is mobile play or exclusively mobile information . The list below is a very comprehensive , simplified guide to tiering up as a WGT.com PC player . This guide is the only sure path to anywhere up .

SIMON SAYS

AugustWest82772:
    The one I'm not entirely sure about is Showdowns, but I believe those have no bearing at all on tiering up.

That is correct . And as I also just found out . Showdown Events . Are not considered Tournaments . That is because they are played in coin rooms Which is a format that does not record statistics . ( statistics that are also used in the development and journey of a WGT.com Player . ) .

• Trtr30
    21 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2021 1:01 PM

Based on this, it seems close to impossible to reach the last 3 or 4 tiers without joining a CC. It seems that CCs often have courses/tournaments designed for easier scoring. Or are those courses/tournaments not considered ranked rounds?

• Dex000
    104 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2021 4:58 PM

Trtr30:

Based on this, it seems close to impossible to reach the last 3 or 4 tiers without joining a CC. It seems that CCs often have courses/tournaments designed for easier scoring. 

It depends on whether or not you want to reach those higher levels as a good player or a mediocre player. If you just want the tier, then yeah, joining a CC that runs easy games specifically to tier up is the way to go. You'll be a paper Champion and you'll lose most of your games to lower ranked players. There are a TON of paper champs out there for this reason, and they're all not very good.

It's much better to play regular rounds from the back tees, learn to adjust for high winds, and figure out putting on all green speeds so that when you reach the higher ranks you deserve to be there. 

Up to you. Personally I don't mind paper champs. They make the brackets and ready-go Tournaments a lot easier to win. 

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2021 7:06 PM

Trtr30:

Based on this, it seems close to impossible to reach the last 3 or 4 tiers without joining a CC. It seems that CCs often have courses/tournaments designed for easier scoring. Or are those courses/tournaments not considered ranked rounds?

No it is not impossible to move up , not being in a CC . Many many WGTers have stayed solo for most of their WGT journey . Many of the top Tournament winners . Are not in CC's .

However . Almost all regular online golf enthusiasts . Once introduced to the very accepting and all learning and fun environment of a good CC . Will choose to spend their WGT journey in the enjoyable team environment .

What you said about easier scoring . Yes the WGT Tournaments/courses/single player unlimited play  , outside a CC . Have all default settings . Default for the tier playing . Always . The wind may vary a little . Hole location might change once in a while . Can be very boring even after only 1000 rounds .

Whereas in a CC . One can change all the variables on all of those courses , for each tier . Green speeds , Tees , Wind . Those alone change up the play . And allow one to learn the course under many different variables . Some feel the variety is more enjoyable .

HOW DO I GET UP IN THE CLUB ?

LET'S HELP COMMUNICATE .

PCEA PLAYERS vs COIN PLAYERS

QUICK LINKS TO VIDS & TUTORIALS

VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT

MP INVITES ALT SHOT , STROKE , COIN

More links

• SamSpayed
    3,396 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2021 9:06 PM

Trtr30:

Joining a CC is not absolutely necessary in order to achieve the upper tiers.  But for most players, being part of a CC does make the game more enjoyable.

Every CC is different.  Some CC's do offer lots of red-tee tournaments to make it easier to tier up.  Others (like mine) don't offer them at all.  I guess it's kind of like the difference between actually reading a book vs. just buying the CliffsNotes for it.

• Trtr30
    21 Posts
    Thu, Jun 24 2021 6:52 AM

Or not reading the book at all and BSing your way through papers as my daughters have been known to do and get freakin' A's on their papers.

(They obviously get their brains from their mom)

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Thu, Jun 24 2021 6:39 PM

Trtr30:

Or not reading the book at all and BSing your way through papers as my daughters have been known to do and get freakin' A's on their papers.

(They obviously get their brains from their mom)

Yes lol . Very cool comparison . How in the hell do they do that ? I have 2 daughters that did that very same thing . Just amazing .

I'm not a big fan of exclusive red tees either . Nothing wrong with 1 or 2 a month though . It is good to offer all formats in a CC .

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2021 11:02 AM

Saintysl:

Facts!! Haha

Really ? That's all you've got for your 1st Post ? Okay . I'll take it . But I challenge you to put a little more into your next post . Okay ?

Welcome to the Forums .

CONGRATS :

RSS