Help › Forums

Download usage

rated by 0 users
Fri, Nov 14 2008 11:03 AM (4 replies)
  • woodleigh
    14 Posts
    Sun, Nov 9 2008 12:33 AM

Hi all

Firstly, I must say.  I'm hooked.  I'm very new to the online gaming environment and if WGT is a good measure,  I'll be here for awhile.

My question.

I have a monthly downloading quota through my ISP. Does being logged on and playing relentless rounds of golf chew up a lot of downloading time and size?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Adam

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Nov 10 2008 9:40 AM

Hi Adam, any use of your internet will probably count against your quota. I'm not sure if you have a separate quota for downloads, but WGT does not require you to download anything to your computer.

• woodleigh
    14 Posts
    Mon, Nov 10 2008 10:21 PM

Thanks Alex. :)

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Fri, Nov 14 2008 9:24 AM

Actually, let me be more specific: WGT does not require you to install anything on your computer.  However, the game client does download game assets while you are playing – this includes game code files and course images. Hope this helps...

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Nov 14 2008 11:03 AM

You should be fine leigh. I play this game almost every day and I'm not even remotely close to my cap.  Considering I also upload videos on other websites on top of playing this game, I've only amassed 6GB total in data transfer for the month-to-date.  I run a data usage monitor on my PC 24/7 to keep an eye on things. 

Some ISP's will cap data usage anywhere between 100-500 GB per month so you can play on with no worries!  If you're not sure what your limit is, you should call your ISP.  I seriously doubt you'll have any problems though.

RSS