Forums

Help › Forums

Who says you can't shoot well with the starter clubs...

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 22 2009 10:49 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • JGates
    158 Posts
    Wed, Jun 17 2009 2:10 PM

Just shot a 67 with the starter clubs.  I did upgrade my wedges (using credits earned it tourneys) but still using the starter driver and other clubs.  5 birdies 1 bogey on the front, 2 birdies 3 bogies on the back.  I even had a bogus missed putt for a bogey.

You can do it, but it's not easy.

• TXBowhunter
    82 Posts
    Wed, Jun 17 2009 2:25 PM

Well done. 

I am actually thinking about dropping back to the WGT Tour set to see if playing with a little more forgiveness will drop me below a 69.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Wed, Jun 17 2009 2:46 PM

JGates,  you're using the Tour Starter set, not the Starter set!

I use the Tour Starters as well, with only the addition of the R9 driver.  And yes, you can shoot extremely well with the Tour Starters :)

• JGates
    158 Posts
    Thu, Jun 18 2009 5:55 AM

Yeah I forgot I upgraded to the Tour Starter set.  I bought the entire set when they had a special for like 800 credits or something like that.  I should have been much lower, but I had a few bad shots and a putt or 2 that were a little off.  I would like to have that extra distance off the tee though.  It would make the approach a little easier.  Not making the fairway doesn't guarantee you a bogey, this course is all about your approach shot and setting yourself up with a short putt.  I made a few putts that were 25 feet and over in this round.

• yips31
    1 Posts
    Thu, Jun 18 2009 12:13 PM

please tell mehow anyone can a 62 when the driver values are 225 max

it cant be done!!!!!

• TTIIMM62
    37 Posts
    Thu, Jun 18 2009 1:11 PM

All clubs have set distances male or female. All of the LONGEST DRIVES are made on ocean course.Fairways have mounds that will kick the ball for extra yardage.....The new R9 driver avg.240 yrds. off tee.... 62 yes it has been done I'm waitin  for one of those guys to do a 61!! 

• bluebelly83
    46 Posts
    Fri, Jun 19 2009 6:21 AM

Thanks!  I posted that question the other day because I was curious if I needed to spend money. 

With a little practice I've made it up to "Pro" status, though I still need some work on a few areas.

Thanks for your responses though.

• HOOSIER303
    3 Posts
    Fri, Jun 19 2009 4:01 PM

amen brother! There are several holes that you can't get to the fairway with that K-Mart set of clubs!

• PAGES
RSS