Help › Forums

Searching WGT forums, a better way

rated by 0 users
Wed, Oct 27 2010 3:29 PM (3 replies)
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2010 7:21 AM

Using the Search box on the right -------------->

can be frustrating.   Its hit or miss that you'll find what you're looking for.

Using the "More Search Options" usually results in me staring at the "waiting for wgt.com" browser status followed by "Sorry, we were unable to find any results using your search terms. Please change your search terms and try again." all too often.

Or worse, after a very long wait "Resource not found".

If you are lucky to get multiple pages of results, seems like the search has to re-do the entire search to generate the next page.

A Better Way:  Google has a feature to narrow its search to a specific web site.

Go to Google search and type in the words you want to search for then add site:wgt.com at the end. Like this:

Click on search.  Google is fast!

There's the post I was looking for!

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2010 7:44 AM

Great info Andyson.  Thank you for that, more then likely we will save me a tonne of time searching for that post I know I saw weeks or even months ago.

Cheers

1,644 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2010 10:32 AM

Hey WGTSky!  Get out the Sticky Tape!! This is outstanding stuff!  Very informative Andyson, thanks a lot!

• BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2010 3:29 PM

Nice Andyson...I have done this in the past looking for WGT stuff (although not site specific)...just assumed other people were doing it too.

And if you want to try 2 search engines at once with split screen try this.

Bingle.nu

It gives you both Google and Bing searches.

RSS