Help › Forums

The cut is at 70...

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jun 21 2009 9:31 PM (27 replies)
  • tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2009 9:04 PM

...and that's where it will stay.

Good luck to everyone at 71 and above in this last week.

Grind it out!

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2009 10:04 PM

Hell i never could get to 71. Thanks to everyone involved in making the cutline go down. Hahahaha! il have a ball attempting to shoot par.

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Mon, Jun 15 2009 1:43 AM

posted 67 just to be sure i'll get in:)

• cNe81
    7 Posts
    Mon, Jun 15 2009 7:46 AM

@70 and nervous

i think i will need a 69 to get in

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Mon, Jun 15 2009 8:23 AM

It'll be allright i guess. If i can play a bogey free round realistically i can shoot say.........61  :-)

• TXBowhunter
    82 Posts
    Mon, Jun 15 2009 8:23 AM

I am with cNe81.  Probably gonna spend most of the work week trying to get at 69-68 to make sure I stay under the cut.  Who knows what might happen in a One round and done tourney.  I have the potential to shoot the lights out on the course, but haven't yet.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Mon, Jun 15 2009 10:40 AM

I don't buy it staying at 70.

I highly doubt 70 will be the cut line, honestly.  For 156 people to finish par or better seems pretty unlikely.  The cut is currently at 74, so there would have to be a whole lot of movin' and shakin' to get all those folks to 70.

Look familiar?    ;)

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Mon, Jun 15 2009 4:49 PM

More than 1/3rd of the qualifying field is at 70, and there's been no change in that number all day today.

Put it this way:  62 people who currently have scores over 69 have to score better than 70 in the next 6 days in order for a score of 70 to be over the cut line.  That's 10 people per day, and none have done it today, only more 70's have been added.

Yes, I am surprised that the cut line made it to 70, but after looking at the clubs of those who have made it, I've noticed people have opened up their wallets and bought the equipment available to them to put them over the edge... something that many of them were reluctant to do earlier in the qualifying period.   This US Open qualifying process has been a cash cow for WGT!

• anotherhook
    17 Posts
    Mon, Jun 15 2009 10:48 PM

70 is still vulnerable, but a reckon it will probably stay there. HAving said that, I am on 70 and will be trying to improve to feel a bit safer. Would have been a lot happier with NOT missing a 4.5 ft putt on the 18th green...

I am one of those who put up some cash for some clubs - I reckoned that given the amount I was actually playing it was worth supporting with some cash - it made my experience better and hopefully will help to reinforce to WGT that they have a product worth extending.

So to anyone thinking of buying clubs to create an even playing field, I say go for it. The prize for just qualiftying is pretty much equal to the cost of a set of good sticks, so if you are into golf it is a fairly quick payback... (If you can make the cut.. clubs don't make it really easy all of a sudden...)

Quick rap for tibbets - he is super consistent and obviously talented - to all those who think he is cheating in some way, have a look at his replays and commitment to the game - it is possible, but we just are not there yet!

• TXBowhunter
    82 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2009 7:49 AM

UGGG...I just started off birdie-birdie-par-birdie.  Finished the front at -3.  Then went +4 on the back with bad putts.  Just shows ya, that putting the ball on the green in the wrong place will hurt ya.

RSS