Forums

Help › Forums

Pinehurst Easter Egg

Wed, Mar 30 2016 11:07 AM (215 replies)
  • fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Fri, Oct 10 2014 3:31 AM

If you join all the dots that seem to fall in straight lines, you get this, which is a star pattern of sorts:

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Fri, Oct 10 2014 6:47 AM

YancyCan:
    FROM CORWYN - THE CHART FROM WHERE TO START

"Looking at the overhead course map (with all the holes), that last find at the extremity of the course does create a pattern that looks suspiciously like a "W"..."

Hi Yancy,

Just wanted to say I can't claim any credit for the "Chart from Where to Start". I believe it was Mags that put that together in the first place... (see p12)? I was just reproducing the graphic and adding an observation.

But I'm very impressed by all these investigatables... We must be close now... !

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Fri, Oct 10 2014 11:57 PM

Corwyn:

Hi Yancy,

Just wanted to say I can't claim any credit for the "Chart from Where to Start". I believe it was Mags that put that together in the first place... (see p12)? I was just reproducing the graphic and adding an observation

Appreciate your common man honesty and whatnots. That's the reason I mentioned your name as I thought that the credit had been given to myself (I am Yancy). Going thru a lot of data and whatnots - please bear with me. This is an egg-ceptional occurrence and we cant have enough documentables here - last few nights I have podded-off while working maps.
    We got this. Just Saying.
    THX - I am Yancy

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Sat, Oct 11 2014 12:56 AM

I been reading about constellations, and there may be some with 16+ stars.

Some of my initial guesses were Lepus (Rabbit constellation) for obvious reasons, but then the pattern was a little like Orion but it still doesn't seem perfect. Orion would be a close guess because he's 'the hunter' as in hunting for eggs. LOL Plus, Orion was popular in the film about aliens - 'Independence Day'

I tried to make a chart of the egg locations sans the connecting lines to make it easier to superimpose it over known images of star patterns. When I saved the file, it was corrupted, strange (cue theremin music) but now I'm off to sleep...if I can get to sleep. 

[theremin music]

--

edit:

This is what i got when I traced the dots of the locations of the 18(?) pods. I'm not sure if it's perfect. Anyway, there is a repositioned shot included.

Orion has a spread of stars which can be seen below. *

http://imaginarycorner.com/typography/orion-constellation/

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Mon, Oct 13 2014 2:03 PM

"Happy hunting! And Yancy... if you overlay the layout of said "pods" it could be a star pattern." -- Just saying. - MisterWGT

Well, I have received some amazing tales from the eggxploration teams and cannot wait to share them with the docu-drama film about all this egg/podlet conondrums. But that will take some time to analyze and whatnots - so in the meantime still taking input on the star-chart that was mentioned by MisterWGT in this here thread.

Heres what I have -- its all beta filmed on a bender.
    Just Saying - I am Yancy

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Mon, Oct 13 2014 5:30 PM

Now I forgots and whatnots in that last video report about what occurd to me last night aka early this morning - The Pinehurst #8 course has been on WGT.com for 2 years app. - and I then recalled spotting something up there. After couple of hours digging thru my documentables - BAAAM - I found it.

Look closely - Then look closelier.
    The red discs or vector lines (kinda like in Trons?) its a possible gaming grid or travelling really really fast boost vector line. Or.....even a line in a star-chart?

Just throwing it into the community thinktank & such.
    Sincerely, I am Yancy

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Oct 16 2014 8:39 AM

Do we need to do another hunt for bird feeders on Kiawah?

• tlc1961
    385 Posts
    Thu, Oct 16 2014 9:54 PM

andyson:
    Do we need to do another hunt for bird feeders on Kiawah?

Andy, nice find.....and here we go Hole #1

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Oct 17 2014 5:36 PM

Well I'll be darned tlc!  LOL

I really didn't expect more than that one on #2!!

Good find!

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Fri, Oct 17 2014 5:38 PM

New game on 

OPY

RSS