Help › Forums

Server Connection

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 5 2014 9:14 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Bill3574
    67 Posts
    Tue, Sep 9 2014 3:50 PM

When logging in or playing a game I lose connection to wgt servers. I have High Speed Cable connection and I should never lose connection . Wgt needs to fix this problem. I'm currently green right now but do not wish to turn yellow because of wgt's connection problem of throwing me out of games. I 've lost good games because of this and days played , so fix your connection problems.

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Tue, Sep 9 2014 6:25 PM

Hire some good writers buy some new and better servers and fix the problems that have been going on now for 4 or 5 days. It's starting to look like the bad days of yesteryear.  

• JDShoemaker
    209 Posts
    Tue, Sep 9 2014 6:41 PM

Ahmen brother

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Tue, Sep 9 2014 8:37 PM
    In another thread WGTAdmin stated that there were no problems showing up at their end. I suggest that they look harder as yesterday the site was slower than ever.
  • ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Wed, Sep 10 2014 5:50 AM

It's actually Server Connections.

You can run traceroute to see how many connections are between you and WGT's servers.

Network latency is another factor that WGT can not control.

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Wed, Sep 10 2014 9:03 AM

For me, it just turned awful since the last update.  I'm constantly disconnecting, and getting my ID logged off.  I've just decided to do mostly single player tournaments until it works itself out.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Wed, Sep 10 2014 10:08 AM

courteneyfish:
    In another thread WGTAdmin stated that there were no problems showing up at their end. I suggest that they look harder as yesterday the site was slower than ever.

Not here. The past few days the game has run as fast if not faster than ever.

• russellie
    668 Posts
    Wed, Sep 10 2014 10:33 AM

Yep I have a new server and it's great or it was, then I get wgt cant find server. my ip states it not the server this end it's down to wgt traffic

Terific

Russ

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Sep 10 2014 5:35 PM

ApexPC:

It's actually Server Connections.

You can run traceroute to see how many connections are between you and WGT's servers.

Between our ISP and WGT's ISP are Routers not Servers. 

What is the difference between a server and a router?

A disconnect caused by the network of links and routers would be extremely rare. 

There is a high degree of redundancy in the network's links.  (If a construction backhoe takes out a network fiber optic link, there's a backup link to handle the traffic.)  If a router is congested or fails, packets are rerouted around it by sophisticated routing protocols.  And if the end point detects packets are missing from the message, they are resent from the source.  Its quite reliable.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Fri, Sep 12 2014 12:39 PM

Domain name system

Server

The Internet itself is also a forest of servers and clients. Merely requesting a web page from a few kilometers away involves satisfying a stack of protocols that involve many examples of hardware and software servers. The least of these are the routersmodemsdomain name servers, and various other servers necessary to provide us the world wide web.

• PAGES
RSS