Forums

Help › Forums

Multiple accounts

Wed, Sep 1 2021 3:00 AM (58 replies)
  • gip204
    11 Posts
    Thu, Oct 14 2010 2:32 PM

I would hazard a guess that there are quite a few players with more than one account. I just played with someone who had only started playing 2 days ago but plays like a master. So from now on I don't really believe what anyone's status is suppose to be. It is sad that the gentleman's and gentlewoman's game is being played by some who do not appreciate the game of golf or its tradition of honesty.    

• Stryder1261
    931 Posts
    Thu, Oct 14 2010 2:46 PM

the really sad part is WGT knows this is happening and doesnt really do anything about it !

accounts should be limited, and PC's with more than one account activated should be marked and monitored by WGT,  they are able to track it if they choose do to so.

This is the computer age it shouldnt be to hard for them, right !!!!

check this out

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/24779/139450.aspx#139450

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, Oct 14 2010 2:49 PM

Gip... not to shock you but there are thousands on here who have never struck a real golf ball with a real golf club, much less read the rules or ettiquette of golf.

• Stryder1261
    931 Posts
    Thu, Oct 14 2010 2:52 PM

I understand that, but maybe it should be brought to their attention that we are not gonna put up with it !

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Thu, Oct 14 2010 3:04 PM

Games will always attract 'gamers'. The lower end of the gamers, those that use cheat codes, trainers, etc, will always be at odds with the golfers and legit gamers on this site.

I believe that finding the multi-accounters is difficult at best as it must be proven beyond a doubt.

I don't say I like it........ but how do you avoid it? Ask Blizzard how hard it is to keep the cheaters out.

• tjos
    231 Posts
    Thu, Oct 14 2010 3:33 PM

Further to my last post.   He is flying a Canadian flag,  hope he isn't it would be giving us a bad name.   Check his name on the members list.

• Stryder1261
    931 Posts
    Thu, Oct 14 2010 4:19 PM

I know everyone gets lucky every so often, but a 29 on your first day on here playing BPB? in a credit Tourney? My hat's off to them if it was done legitimately !!!

99.9% guess would say they are a multi account cheat ! or using some macros which is illegal also !  every pc has its own ID number so how hard is it to track a duplicate number? I know that they can use more than one pc but when its blatant like this, flag that account, keep track of their scoring and legend them after a few rounds that low ! oh,WGT is afraid it will hurt someone's feelings. put it in the terms and conditions

I was a pro level player who got put into the tour master level on the update and can barely shoot par on the easiest of courses now with the best equipment ! 

Again my hat's off to them if it was done legitimately !!!

all WGT seemed to accomplish with these tiers is advance the cheats and sandbags who know how to manipulate the game and WGT continues to ignore the rest of us.

I know its hard to admit when you've made a mistake but the honest players on here  will forgive and respect you more if you confess and make the wrongs a right !!!

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Thu, Oct 14 2010 4:25 PM

But that's just my point.

'Pretty obvious' is not proof.

• Stryder1261
    931 Posts
    Fri, Oct 22 2010 3:35 PM

yes, you are right but it should throw a flag up to WGT to monitor their scores more closely and appropriately put them into their rightful level !  I believe WGT should be monitoring all aspects of their game an take control of " pretty obvious scoring" ! by doing what is right by all players.

• plim
    1,388 Posts
    Fri, Oct 22 2010 10:43 PM

some people are getting wise. setting one account up at home with one email address and another at work with a work's email. they gift themselves all the gear and away they go. two different accounts one person. multiple accounts will always be around not much we can do about them. i looked at some of the open prize winners some i'm sure are multiple account holders.

RSS