Forums

Help › Forums

A way to know

Sat, Aug 16 2014 12:58 PM (28 replies)
  • Steven1163
    2,912 Posts
    Fri, Aug 15 2014 9:48 PM

pdb1:
    But probably not . I'll probably hand it over to some unsuspecting eager beaver  and then just go join your club .

LOL my friend!! You are more than welcome to join our merry band of Pirates.  One thing you can do...if youhave an eager player who is creative....put him in as Tournament Director.  Allow him to make the weekly tourneys... but, be specific in how many andwhat kind of tourneys you want.   A big club can run 20 tourneys in a week....I've asked my Director to hold it to 4 weekly tourneys...and 2-3 monthly tourneys.  Also...get two fired up members to be Recruiters...though every member is a recruiter...it looks good to have two who specifically will be looking.  I had a recruiter who just stepped down for personal reasons, bring in 8 new players in a little over a weeks time.  And we went from struggling with 15-17 members, to me having to up our membership to 50 as 16 new members joined up...about half by the recruiter, and half by word from other members.  Just an idea that might help you along.

~Steven~

• stevepsheehan
    2,791 Posts
    Sat, Aug 16 2014 12:55 AM

pdb1:

stevepsheehan:
    Unfortunately, a lot of players only ever go direct to the Game Client, and not to any other page on WGT,

That's a pretty big statement and probably and hopefully not even close to true .

I'm sure we all do that at times . Hard to imagine not ever going to " any other page on WGT .

Unfortunately, I can assure you that in my experience, it's only too true.

I've written in these forums several times about this, and have asked for a "flag" to say you have messages, being shown on the game client. Hopefully, with the "improved messaging system" being in the pipeline, this problem will be addressed.

SO many times (in my old CC) I've failed to get messages to CC members answered, and when I eventually do get hold of them, usually via a game invite, I get told something along the lines of "oh no, I never look at my profile page, and didn't know I had any messages"

Edit: this thread gives more detail:

Alerting members when they have messages

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Aug 16 2014 1:05 AM
    I tested the club e-mail again after the last update. I got 5 people that said that they received it out of 245.
  • bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, Aug 16 2014 12:41 PM

Keep at it, we all in the same boat. Some of us work hard setting various tournys, not just the easy ones that anyone can do at a few clicks of the button, some just play in them which is fantastic, and some, well some just play St Andrews on their own, get to legend at level 60 and then are disapointed when a master kicks their behinds at Merion or the like. Keep going mate and, like me, keep taking the tablets lol

RSS