Forums

Help › Forums

Ball Changes Mid-game

Tue, Jul 28 2020 5:01 AM (43 replies)
  • CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sat, Aug 2 2014 9:06 AM

srellim234:

If WGT DQ'd us from tourneys and ranked rounds it wouldn't take more than once for someone leading late in a match or on the 18th hole of a great ranked round to leave the site and never come back. 

The starter ball is a compromise to let people finish the round. Recreational players probably take their chances and complete it. Serious players don't.

Either way the complaints will continue.

BTW, how are they going to explain DQ'ing players from practice rounds? There is no basis in the rules for the One Ball Condition to be applied to practice in the first place.

I agree about practice rounds. We should be able to do whatever we want. It's the ranked stroke play rounds and Tourneys that effect our averages. That's where it has to be a strict rule.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sat, Aug 2 2014 9:37 AM

Once more: Why should they invest in players' options only for Practice?

There's no benefit at all for the company!

To the players, the fallback to Starters is a strong message: "Benefits seize when the time you payed for is over."

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Sat, Aug 2 2014 10:48 AM

alosso:

To the players, the fallback to Starters is a strong message: "Benefits seize when the time you payed for is over."

well to keep customers happy thats why duh

a good relationship isnt one sided bro think about it 

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sat, Aug 2 2014 2:27 PM

spdemon:

a good relationship [...]

Aha. And what are you dreaming at night? <wg>

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Sat, Aug 2 2014 2:44 PM

alosso:

spdemon:

a good relationship [...]

Aha. And what are you dreaming at night? <wg>

Not dreams its a fact 

If u think wgt should just do things to benefit them (or they won't cause it doesn't make them money ) you're totally wrong 

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sat, Aug 2 2014 3:53 PM

It's difficult for me to explain.

Facts in theory of successful conduct, I agree.

Here & IMHO, dreams of what should be...

Did I ever speak of a "no hope" situation?

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Sat, Aug 2 2014 3:59 PM

I've always thought the 1 ball rule was a bit ridiculous. It only ever applies on the pro tour and those guys get an endless supply of them anyway so never run out. 

It doesn't apply at the local golf clubs. How many times do you hear something along the lines of "i'll hit a provisional, 1st 1 was a titleist and this is a Srixon"

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Sat, Aug 2 2014 4:18 PM

alosso:

Did I ever speak of a "no hope" situation?

well pretty much bro or from what i can gather from this 

alosso:

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sun, Aug 3 2014 12:46 AM

Proof is here!

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sun, Aug 3 2014 7:48 AM

DAZZA501:

I've always thought the 1 ball rule was a bit ridiculous. It only ever applies on the pro tour and those guys get an endless supply of them anyway so never run out. 

It doesn't apply at the local golf clubs. How many times do you hear something along the lines of "i'll hit a provisional, 1st 1 was a titleist and this is a Srixon"

Hey Dazz,

Fully understand what you're saying about local club recreational play but disagree re: WGT. One of the things I liked about this site from the first day is we're treated like Golf Pro's whether we want to be or not. WGT can't or won't replicate all aspects of it but the one ball condition when playing ranked stroke play is "IMO" an essential part of being treated like a pro. It includes taking responsibility for one's own game whether we want it or not. We've all had that last ball turn into the rock while playing something but if it happens more than once or repeatedly, that means we're not taking our own responsibility seriously.

I do feel the games that don't effect average or aren't being played for credits should be truly fun practice games with all options open to the players.

RSS