Forums

Help › Forums

How do we use the Notebook

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jun 7 2020 3:16 PM (21 replies)
  • Roadking1117
    16 Posts
    Fri, Jul 18 2014 1:59 PM

I just bought the "Notebook".  How do you use it?  How do you bring it up and make entries??

Roadking1117

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Fri, Jul 18 2014 2:46 PM

Roadking1117:

I just bought the "Notebook".  How do you use it?  How do you bring it up and make entries??

Roadking1117

You can enter information into the notebook in stroke play rounds.  To make a entry, once in game just click on the notebook icon in the top left corner.

- WGTdbloshoe

• willyjhopuky1
    23 Posts
    Tue, May 30 2017 1:17 PM

does it work on match play? if not whats the use?

• spraypantscorona
    121 Posts
    Tue, May 30 2017 3:52 PM

I  also  bought   bought  the   lame  note  book,,   WAste  of  money  ,,, Pencil  and  paper  are   MUCH   easier      and  faster  ,, ` Draw a circle  and you  can  chart   wind  direction  and  speed,,,,  TRY    doing  that   with there   so  called  NOTEBOOK ,,, The  money   would  have  been  better  spent  on  balls,, and  i  cant  get  rid  of  the  damn  thing ,,so  every  time  i play ,,,,there   it is   reminding    me  of  the   5  bucks  i  WASTED ,

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Tue, May 30 2017 6:26 PM

spraypantscorona:

I  also  bought   bought  the   lame  note  book,,   WAste  of  money  ,,, Pencil  and  paper  are   MUCH   easier      and  faster  ,, ` Draw a circle  and you  can  chart   wind  direction  and  speed,,,,  TRY    doing  that   with there   so  called  NOTEBOOK ,,, The  money   would  have  been  better  spent  on  balls,, and  i  cant  get  rid  of  the  damn  thing ,,so  every  time  i play ,,,,there   it is   reminding    me  of  the   5  bucks  i  WASTED ,

How is it a waste? You have everything right there on the game play screen. And with each new course you get a new book. And you don't have to sort through pages and pages of a paper notebook to find what you need  or want. And if you count all the paper  notebooks and pencils you have used and will use it will add up to a lot more than 5 bucks. 

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Thu, Jun 8 2017 12:34 PM

willyjhopuky1:
    does it work on match play? if not whats the use?

It works in match play in as much as you can read any notes you have previously entered. It doesn't work in match play (or any multiplayer game) in as much as you cannot add new notes or edit old ones during play.

The fact that it is 'read-only' in multiplayer mode used to irritate me a bit, but it seems reasonable enough to me now. Trying to write in the notebook during a game with a countdown clock is only going to lead to time outs and consequential howls of complaint. 

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Thu, Jun 8 2017 1:37 PM

I have a notebook but I only have a tiny amount of notes. The reason for that is I believe that everyday u could be faced with the same shot, same conditions, but won't necessarily play it exactly the same way.

It's all about feel.

Notes make the game seem mechanical.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Jun 8 2017 6:04 PM

I have the notebook but it's been acting up lately. I have new irons, so I have to make new notes anyway so I went to notepad in windows and make 1 sheet per course and save it into a folder

Don

• garypinhunter
    1,049 Posts
    Fri, Jun 9 2017 7:14 AM

May want to give garypinhunters caddy notebook a try.

LINK

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Sat, Jun 10 2017 2:39 PM

oneeyedjohn:

I have a notebook but I only have a tiny amount of notes. The reason for that is I believe that everyday u could be faced with the same shot, same conditions, but won't necessarily play it exactly the same way.

It's all about feel.

Notes make the game seem mechanical.

Agreed.

I don't have many notes either and 99.5% of the time I don't even remember to check them while I'm playing. Half the time my notes just say something like: "Give the approach shot more than you think." 

I'm not even much help to myself it seems. :)

RSS