Forums

Help › Forums

Scott's tips

Fri, Apr 12 2024 12:26 PM (748 replies)
  • mrmp1
    534 Posts
    Thu, Oct 13 2022 8:31 PM

Hi Scott its been awhile hope all is well I know if you cant help me you will have a good suggestion  

When the owner of my CC sends out CC messages  not all members get the email however he sent me a PM  when i went to check my email his pm was also sent to my email this dont make sense Any Ideas ? 

MEL

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Fri, Oct 14 2022 1:19 AM

Hi Mel, I'm fine thanks, hope you are too.

As Paul says, it appears to be a bit of a lottery whether or not you get emails from WGT. Changing your email address used to be suggested as a cure, but that only seems to work for some.

Sorry Mel, but I can't really help you on this one.  : (

Scott.

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Thu, Nov 3 2022 3:01 PM

My new YouTube 'handle' is...

https://youtube.com/@scotthope

Find yours at...

https://youtube.com/handle

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sun, Nov 6 2022 7:13 AM

Hey Scott. Just a question if you know...

Does the current version of the platform gives you the option to exclude from reading certain members' posts? Kinda like blocking their posts when you read a thread?

Have 4-5 trolls in mind which i want to block.

Thank you pal.

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Sun, Nov 6 2022 7:57 AM

Hi Yiannis, have a read through this post of mine. I wrote it some while ago so AdBlock/AdblockPlus may have changed their GUI's since then, but I think the filters should still work.

If it doesn't work or make any sense, let me know and we can go through it step by step.

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sun, Nov 6 2022 9:25 AM

Thank you Scott, unfortunately i use uBlock Origin and has a totally different UI...can't figure out what i have to do.

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Sun, Nov 6 2022 9:40 AM

Okay Yiannis, I'll have a look at uBlock Origin to see if it has a custom filter option.

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Sun, Nov 6 2022 10:08 AM

Looks like you're in luck Yiannis. The filters I created for AdBlock & AdblockPlus seem to work with uBlock Origin.

If you click the uBlock Origin icon on your browsers toolbar, you should see three cogs to open the dashboard, click that.

On the dashboard page, click the My Filters tab at the top.

In the main window of the My Filters tab, paste in the filters that are in the post of mine that I linked to earlier.

Where it has scotthope|anothername in the filter, remove that and put in the names of the users you want to block. Each username must be separated by a pipe character '|'. I don't know where that would be on a Greek keyboard, but on mine it is above the backslash, next to the left shift key. Capitalization when entering usernames into the filter doesn't matter.

Once you've got the filters in place, click the apply changes button, and you're good to go. 

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sun, Nov 6 2022 11:18 AM

Another bow to you Scott!!! Worked like a charm!!

2 trolls down!!

LOL

RSS