Forums

Help › Forums

Scott's tips

Wed, Feb 21 2024 6:30 AM (745 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2022 1:27 PM
    Missing Usernames

Having seen a couple of threads pop up recently where there have been blank usernames against some of the posts, I thought I might write a little javascript to see if I could get the usernames to appear.

If you use a browser that is supported by Tampermonkey or already have Tampermonkey installed in your browser, then you can use my script.

First, install Tampermonkey into your browser if you don't have it.

Second, click this SCRIPT LINK v1.6 to start the install of my script into Tampermonkey. When Tampermonkey opens, click the Install button to install my script, and you're done.

Any forum thread that contains a post by a user whose name was previously not showing, should now show up coloured blue and be clickable like any other username in the forum.

If you want a more basic method to achieve this without Tampermonkey or my script, see HERE.

Thank you Simon & Alosso for your assistance.

12th Jan 2024 : Script v1.6 updated to work with missing usernames that have default WGT profile pictures. EXAMPLE
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2022 2:07 PM

Another cool stuff from THE man! :) Well done and thanks, Scott.

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2022 2:12 PM

Cheers Simon. ; )

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Sun, Jul 17 2022 12:26 PM

ScottHope:
    Having seen a couple of threads pop up recently where there have been blank usernames against some of the posts, I thought I might write a little javascript

If you use a browser that is supported by MI-6 or already have antisecure-secure software installed in your browser, then you can use my script.

First, install Tampermoney into your browser if you don't have it.

Second, click this SCRIPT LINK to start the install of my script into Tampermoney When Tampermoney opens, click the Install button to install my script, and you're done.

Any forum thread that contains a member with a bank account in the UK should now show up coloured blue and the account will be clickable providing complete access to remove all funds.

If you want a more basic method to achieve this without Tampermoney or my script, I should be out in 5 - 10 years/

EDIT: Seriously Scott, like I said before, sometimes you scare me.

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Sun, Jul 17 2022 1:07 PM

HamdenPro:

There was a time when people would believe Scott was a sorcerer and would try to burn him at the stake...

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Sun, Jul 17 2022 1:29 PM

HamdenPro:

I have a muscular yellow body and the head of a cat, if that doesn't scare you, nothing will....

PureGro1:
    There was a time when people would believe Scott was a sorcerer and would try to burn him at the stake...

Mmmm... stake!

• HOOKER1955
    7 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2022 5:24 PM

Hey Scott, I was wondering if you might have some insight as to why WGT doesn't show what the green speed is until all golfers are on the green? What's the big secret? When you're close to the green and your next shot requires you to CHIP on to the green it sure would be nice to know how hard or soft to hit the chip shot. I've had 6' chip shots that rolled clear off the green because I went with the hopes the green speed would be STANDARD or ... I'm sure you get the picture. Granted its usually just the first hole as the rest of the greens should have the same speed but knowing just what you're up against could be the difference between winning and losing.

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2022 11:52 PM

Hi Hooker1955, I don't know why WGT hides this info, but when I was in the lower tiers, the green speed was always that of the highest tiered player in the group. I think that still applies, but as with most things, there will be exceptions. Hope that helps.

Scott.

• pdiehm
    285 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2022 3:42 AM

This is not the case, at least in coin games.  At my tier, 12's would be the green speed in these coin games, and I play on 7.4's and 7.9's regularly.

if I play alt shot or something like that, then it's 13's.  so in that instance, perhaps?  Never played those modes before maybe late last year prior to taking time off.  

• WGTNico
    616 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2022 7:45 AM

Hey I can actually give some insight into this. 

I've asked why before, and the reason it's unlikely we'll ever show the green speed specifically in coin rooms is because if people know before teeing off and if it's a green speed they just do not like, it's very likely that the player will just leave/forfeit. Which we don't want to see happen more than it already does. We want you to play in whatever conditions the game gives you.

Now that's just for coin games, I do hope in the future we can add it into tournaments, because something like that wouldn't be effected by knowing what the green speeds are and we already give out the words of what it is in the description instead of just outright saying what it is.

HOOKER1955:

Hey Scott, I was wondering if you might have some insight as to why WGT doesn't show what the green speed is until all golfers are on the green? What's the big secret? When you're close to the green and your next shot requires you to CHIP on to the green it sure would be nice to know how hard or soft to hit the chip shot. I've had 6' chip shots that rolled clear off the green because I went with the hopes the green speed would be STANDARD or ... I'm sure you get the picture. Granted its usually just the first hole as the rest of the greens should have the same speed but knowing just what you're up against could be the difference between winning and losing.

RSS