10,086 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2021 2:12 PM

TeeShotGopher:
    Thanks! This did the trick.

You're welcome TSG, thank you.  ; )

• mymanpayne
    6,136 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2022 1:38 PM

I have a friend with a problem.  She can't play WGT on her laptop now, even though all other aspects of it are normal, for browsing and playing other games. She can play it on her I-pad and a friends computer, but when she trys on her laptop she gets this.

Here's another pic.

Anyone have any idea's for fixing this issue. She said it worked fine the day before, and for months prior to it.

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2022 1:58 PM

If it is a Windows machine, she could try a RESET.

• Rwilliams1971
    162 Posts
    Sun, Mar 13 2022 9:18 PM

Thank You so very much, I am not a computer person  but very easy and it fixed. something that WGT couldn't help with in 4weeks.  you didn't in a few min. I think it took longer to read the pot then to fix it!!!!

Now I need help on my putting....lol 

R

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Mon, Mar 14 2022 9:05 AM

Happy to hear that it worked for you Rwilliams. Thank you.  ; )

Putting? That's something I've yet to master. : ))

• Rwilliams1971
    162 Posts
    Mon, Mar 14 2022 9:18 AM

I was looking on your YouTube channel. For something on putting. What I did find was resolution  video that help me last night. I downloaded the hockey and I was dig more shots. When you do master the putting I hope you will make that video. 

R

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Tue, Mar 15 2022 2:42 AM

The resolution picker is good for a few reasons. Obviously it gives you more options than the in-game resolutions. You can change the resolution while playing which you can't do through the game settings. Some people like to have more height to the game window to see the tops of the trees etc. And as you have discovered, changing the width of the game window changes the meter speed, of course the trade off for that is the smaller ding target area, but if you can find a happy medium then you may, as you have, get an improved ding hit rate.

There is plenty of good advice in the forums and on YouTube about putting, it's just a question of finding it and finding a method that works for you. But as in real life golf, you can't beat practise and experience.

Cheers.  ; )

• KenBTEXAS
    284 Posts
    Tue, Mar 15 2022 11:55 PM

"changing the width of the game window changes the meter speed"

I knew this but forgot, may have to revisit.

Thanks ;-)

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Wed, Mar 16 2022 1:51 AM

It's a double edged sword Ken, but good luck.  ; )

• Bun3107
    998 Posts
    Wed, Mar 16 2022 8:17 AM

Tks Scott. Tons of useful info in this thread. Greatly appreciated.

RSS