Forums

Help › Forums

Scott's tips

Fri, Apr 12 2024 12:26 PM (748 replies)
  • TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Thu, Apr 11 2019 5:24 AM

ScottHope:

I've added a new feature to the 'Play-one-hole' app of mine (there's a link on my profile page), and that is two new views of each hole.

1. Aerial view
    2. Surface map

Most impressive Scott.

Well done

Don

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Thu, Apr 11 2019 5:43 AM

Thank you Don. Hope it'll be useful to someone.  ; )

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Thu, Apr 11 2019 11:37 AM

ScottHope:

I've added a new feature to the 'Play-one-hole' app of mine (there's a link on my profile page), and that is two new views of each hole.

1. Aerial view
    2. Surface map

These are below the tee shot picture.

Thank you Scott.  I had heard of your 'Play-one-hole' link before but did not know it was as involved as it is.  I play one hole to start the new "WGT day" to minimize chances of a "glitch" in getting the CDP bonus XP to my CC, but I was just using the WGT menu path.

The aerial views and surface maps really help.  (Now if I could just bring those up during play..........what could possibly go wrong?)

Anyway, everytime I go to your profile page is is like being a kid in a candy store.  So much to sample, it takes a while to get out.  I think we were cut from the same cloth - except my cutting was a very long time ago!  

I did wonder about clearing the Flash cache in Win 10 - so is it OK to just delete the whole "Flash Player" folder (appdata\roaming\adobe\Flash Player\) ?

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Thu, Apr 11 2019 1:20 PM

Cheers Doc. Nice to hear that you enjoy looking around my profile, thanks for that.

I'm a sixties baby so we may be closer in age than you think.

It is okay to delete the flash folder. I've done it often enough and when I go back to that location, it has always re-appeared!
  • Ladychipper
    22,686 Posts
    Thu, Apr 11 2019 1:35 PM

You are amazing Scott and thank you for all your hard work and sharing.

Blessings,

Marion :-)

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Thu, Apr 11 2019 1:49 PM

Thank you too Marion. We all add a bit to the community don't we.  ; )

• msulaman
    447 Posts
    Wed, Apr 17 2019 6:03 PM

Scott, Great Job with the new addition to your "Play One Hole" utility. Thanks so much.

I have a question about your findings on the information about club use, %power, etc. on replays. This must mean that all the info is in the URL for the replay. If this is the case, it means that the game is calculating the shot behavior based on the parameters provided in the replay address.

Also if this is the case, it means that there is a true consistency in the way the game calculates the behavior of each shot. This is contrary to what we have been assuming about the game behavior. We believe that there is some degree of uncertainty built into each shot.

Does what I am saying make sense to you, or am I off base somewhere in my thinking?

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Thu, Apr 18 2019 1:37 AM

Thank you mm.

Hmmm, as far as I can make out, the replay uses the mathematical calculations which are created in the game when you make the shot. These calculations include a certain amount of variation in the game, but not in the replay.

That's my take on it.

I hope I understood the question.  : )

• msulaman
    447 Posts
    Thu, Apr 18 2019 6:38 AM

Makes perfect sense. Thanks Scot.

However this must mean that the information for the amount of variation must be in the address as well. Otherwise the replay would not match your shot.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Thu, Apr 18 2019 8:16 AM

msulaman:
    However this must mean that the information for the amount of variation must be in the address as well. Otherwise the replay would not match your shot.
    I guess it must be there somewhere, but I get confused enough as it is, lol.

RSS