Most Detested Course

Sun, Feb 1 2015 5:34 AM (102 replies)
  • TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Fri, Jan 9 2015 8:35 PM

• Dogget
    20 Posts
    Sat, Jan 10 2015 2:15 PM

Pinehurst 2.  The winds are not the same.  The winds are not the same.  The winds are not the same.  First of all, they are not accurate (nor are the green speeds) in comparison to other courses.  The winds are not the same.  The winds are not the same.  Second of all, an 18 mph wind on one hole does NOT have the same influence on the ball as an 18 mph wind on a different hole  That's because the winds are not the same.  How is that fair?  On a course where greens are so hard to hold, naturally, inaccurate wind speeds can (and do) ruin a hole. And why in the world are there 17-19 mph crosswinds on a kidney-shaped par 3?

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Sat, Jan 10 2015 2:23 PM

TopShelf2010:
    I was just sitting here reading through the Forums trying to find a way to get everyone all fired up.

LMAO

• TheNewTigerWood1
    9 Posts
    Sat, Jan 10 2015 4:51 PM

If its hard to decide, you should quit!

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sat, Jan 10 2015 6:53 PM

Did I mention KIAWAH ever ?

Not sure....  ;-)

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Sat, Jan 10 2015 7:03 PM

alcaucin:
    Did I mention KIAWAH ever ?

No, Andy, you didn't. Now would be a good time to, though...lol

• cbbcrazy
    488 Posts
    Mon, Jan 12 2015 5:47 AM

PineCone as some of the members call it is the most difficult for me.  The more holes I play the higher the CPU meter goes as the VEM is cranked to unbelievable levels.

Having played Valhalla many times I look forward to seeing how WGT can screw that one up if they ever decide to release it.

Oakmont is love and hate for me as is Merion,  some really good rounds on both and some I would like to forget.

Any course other than another Par 3 course would be good,  those are a waste of time and money imo.

• vadernader
    62 Posts
    Fri, Jan 23 2015 8:15 AM

For me it has to be Whistler. Not only must you pay to get in but the greens have unreal amounts of slope! It's like an ice rink out there. One of the holes (either #8 or #12 I can't remember off-hand) has such unreal pitch that if you're outside 1ft from the cup you probably have a high chance of missing for sure. Even 3 footers can burn the lip and roll down 15ft away! Un real. 

• bineysr
    29 Posts
    Sat, Jan 31 2015 7:25 AM

If Kiawah's greens were truly as ridiculous as portrayed here no one would ever finish a single round.  A triple-breaking 5-footer?  Get real, WGT.

RSS