Forums

Help › Forums

Tracking down disconnects/crashes

Sun, Sep 10 2023 6:38 PM (475 replies)
  • WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Wed, Jun 18 2014 10:09 AM

mkg335 - thank you

ZioMio - You hit the nail on the head for why it is so difficult.  Although we have servers in many countries closest to the players.  If you are playing a multiplayer game, ultimately those communications need to be shared at a single location and then resent out to the players.  We do not use a peer-to-peer architecture, but a peer to server, making sure everyone sees the same thing.  

• spy88
    205 Posts
    Thu, Jun 19 2014 8:03 AM

Thank you, admin2...this is all I wished to know.

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Thu, Jun 19 2014 8:25 AM

WGTadmin2:
    ultimately those communications need to be shared at a single location

For the purpose of sending in a crash report, can we as players identify which game server we are communicating with? Would it be helpful if the report  included all the players in the game that crashed? 

Or is any of that information already in the report.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Fri, Jun 20 2014 9:38 AM

If you click and report the issue, that info is sent to us.

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Fri, Jun 20 2014 3:30 PM

WGTadmin2:

These are all fair questions, but we have tried with many machines to try and reproduce the issues and we cannot replicate them in our environment.  If we can replicate the issue we usually fix it within 30 days if not sooner.  So please submit your right click problems to us and please reply to this tread and post your crashes.  

Here is what most are not saying .It crashes mostly when someone quits out of turn.And mostly with 4 player's during ranked round's.

navi

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Fri, Jun 20 2014 3:55 PM

report sent , one player disconnected and got back withing one minute, could not load the game back , clicked the report to you guys, let's fix this 

• JacksonXX
    121 Posts
    Mon, Jun 30 2014 6:43 PM

Playing a 9 hole Alt shot game, All square through 9 holes and everyones screen freezes.

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Tue, Jul 1 2014 6:34 AM

Can't replicate in your environment? Are you serious? By 'own environment' are you actually trying to troubleshoot connectivity / game issues from within your looped and internal development network?

I know I'm all but banned from posting here now, but seriously, if that's what you're doing and you're honestly coming in here looking at players and telling us that you're not seeing any of these issues on your end - well.. I really can't post my reply to that as it won't get posted anyway.

Anyone who knows anything about MP online 'game' dev knows you can't troubleshoot connection/networking issues like that.

Anyway, I'm off to my weekly 'wgt addict and life management' therapy session. Bye for now....

• ROBELLIOT
    234 Posts
    Tue, Jul 1 2014 8:38 AM

Image and video hosting by TinyPic:550:0]

Graphics from preceding hole visible on Fairway # 18 Olympic.

Game failed to load, report submitted.

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Tue, Jul 1 2014 9:38 AM

ROBELLIOT:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic:550:0]

Graphics from preceding hole visible on Fairway # 18 Olympic.

Game failed to load, report submitted.

You should be able to wedge that sucker right in there man... ;-)

RSS